Common Build Infrastructure/Getting Started/Build In Eclipse
The process to run a build in Eclipse is getting ever easier.
Fetch workspace projects
- Download a .psf file, such as gef.psf
- Open Eclipse, and do
File > Import > Team > Team Project Set. Browse for the .psf file you downloaded above, and import it. You should end up with three new workspace projects.
- Download ant-contrib.jar 1.0b2 and put it into
org.eclipse.gef.releng/build.properties and edit to suit your needs.
The following properties must be set:
projectid=technology.foo zipPrefix=MyFoo version=0.5.0 buildType=N mainFeatureToBuildID=org.eclipse.foo.all testFeatureToBuildID=org.eclipse.foo.test
# if project is incubating, insert "-incubation" string into all generated zip file names; otherwise omit this incubation=-incubation
# set path and version of JVM to use; must set a variable for each Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment (BREE) used in plugins JAVA_HOME=/path/to/java/home JAVA14_HOME=/path/to/java/home JAVA50_HOME=/path/to/java/home JAVA60_HOME=/path/to/java/home
Define binary dependencies using
repositoryURLs. For more examples, see Defining Binary Dependencies:
Define what steps to perform. To run tests w/o building first, see Testing:
#default: buildUpdate,buildTests,generateDigests,testLocal,publish,cleanup build.steps=buildUpdate
If you require SVN or do not have the test framework plugins in your map file, you will need this property too, or to perform the equivalent set up manually.
# To permit automatic downloads of non-EPL compatible code, set this to property to "I accept" #thirdPartyDownloadLicenseAcceptance="I accept"
You can also set other PDE variables and compiler settings in your releng project's build.properties:
compilerArg=-enableJavadoc -encoding ISO-8859-1 flattenDependencies=true parallelCompilation=true generateFeatureVersionSuffix=true
Run a build
Run As > Ant Build.
- Ensure you have CVS installed on your machine.
- If the compiler fails with errors like "Cannot find Object", make sure you have a JAVA_HOME for every BREE in your manifests. Please see the Common Build Infrastructure/Getting Started/FAQ.
A log of the build will appear as
- If you receive errors related to test results not available, remove the "test" step from build.steps line.
Troubleshooting / server setup
If needs be, you may find additional information related to troubleshooting or server configuration here.
- Common Build Infrastructure/Virtual Server Setup/Fedora
- Common Build Infrastructure/Virtual Server Setup/MacOSX
- Common Build Infrastructure/Virtual Server Setup/WinXP