Common Build Infrastructure/Getting Started/Build In Eclipse
The process to run a build in Eclipse is getting ever easier.
Fetch workspace projects
- Download a .psf file, such as gef.psf
- Open Eclipse, and do
File > Import > Team > Team Project Set. Browse for the .psf file you downloaded above, and import it. You should end up with three new workspace projects.
- Download ant-contrib.jar 1.0b2 and put it into
org.eclipse.gef.releng/build.properties and edit to suit your needs.
The following properties must be set:
projectid=technology.foo zipPrefix=GEF version=0.5.0 buildType=N mainFeatureToBuildID=org.eclipse.foo.all testFeatureToBuildID=org.eclipse.foo.test
# set path and version of JVM to use; for 1.4, use JAVA14_HOME, for 6.0, use JAVA60_HOME JAVA_HOME=/opt/public/common/ibm-java2-ppc-50 JAVA50_HOME=/opt/public/common/ibm-java2-ppc-50 dependencyURLs=http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.5M6-200903130100/eclipse-SDK-3.5M6-linux-gtk-ppc.tar.gz,http://path/to/other/required.zip
#what steps should we do? default: build.steps=buildUpdate,buildZips,buildTests,generateDigests,test,publish,cleanup build.steps=buildUpdate,buildTests,generateDigests,test,publish,cleanup
If you require SVN or do not have the test framework plugins in your map file, you will need this property too, or to perform the equivalent set up manually.
# To permit automatic downloads of non-EPL compatible code, set this to property to "I accept" #thirdPartyDownloadLicenseAcceptance="I accept"
You can also set other PDE variables and compiler settings in your releng project's build.properties:
compilerArg=-enableJavadoc -encoding ISO-8859-1 flattenDependencies=true parallelCompilation=true generateFeatureVersionSuffix=true
Run a build
Run As > Ant Build.
- Ensure you have CVS installed on your machine.
- If the compiler fails with errors like "Cannot find Object", make sure you have a JAVA_HOME for every BREE in your manifests. Please see the Common Build Infrastructure/Getting Started/FAQ.
6. A log of the build will appear as
- If you receive errors related to test results not available, remove the "test" step from build.steps line.
Troubleshooting / server setup
If needs be, you may find additional information related to troubleshooting or server configuration here.
- Common Build Infrastructure/Virtual Server Setup/Fedora
- Common Build Infrastructure/Virtual Server Setup/MacOSX
- Common Build Infrastructure/Virtual Server Setup/WinXP