Difference between revisions of "Common Build Infrastructure/Athena Progress Report"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 11:21, 19 November 2008
- SVN support implemented in setup script (to get svn-pde-plugin into the cached copy of basebuilder), startup script (to get a .releng project from svn repo or cvs repo), and generated fetch scripts (map files can specify cvs and svn entries interchangeably) (bug 251923).
- Signing now works for GEF (bug 253286).
- clean up customTargets.xml (for both ALL and Tests builders) (bug 251879).
- Support for archived update sites and SDK zips as input to build :: in progress (bug 252423).
- Testing code refactored and almost working for GEF.
- Server config simplified on build.eclipse.org; documented and scripted for reproduction on localhost. Testing through cygwin on Windows TBD.
- basebuilder.releng from both 3.4 (tag: RC2_34) and 3.5M2 (R35_M2) checked out on build.eclipse.org; builds work equally.
- GEF build on build.eclipse.org and localhost has succeeded in producing GEF "Master" zip, as well as SDK, runtime, and examples.
- Signing fails, but can be skipped by running an N build.
- Test assembly fails; test run fails because tests are not yet built. builder/tests/customTargets.xml needs to be updated/fixed.
- Creation of Update site, p2 metadata, site digest, etc. still TBD.
- Web UI to run builds has been decoupled from the build system in case we decide to use Hudson or Cruise Control instead. Paths in web UI still broken (expect /gef/ but have /cbi/gef; downloads page shows builds on download.eclipse.org, not local builds on build.eclipse.org)
- To set up a build, run this script.
- To run builds as dashBuild@build.eclipse.org, run this:
cd /opt/public/cbi/build/org.eclipse.dash.common.releng_HEAD; \ cvs up -Pd; cd tools/scripts;./start.sh -projectid tools.gef -version 3.4.0 -buildType N \ -projRelengRoot ':pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/technology' \ -projRelengPath 'org.eclipse.dash/athena/org.eclipse.dash.commonbuilder/org.eclipse.gef.releng' \ -basebuilderBranch R35_M2 -javaHome /opt/public/common/ibm-java2-142 \ -URL http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4-200806172000/eclipse-SDK-3.4-linux-gtk.tar.gz \ 2>&1 | tee /opt/public/cbi/logs/buildlog_`date +%H%M%S`.txt
- To run locally, see examples in start.sh.