Revision as of 12:21, 19 January 2007 by Michael Valenta.ca.ibm.com (Added links to CVS server sites)
Running the CVS Automated Tests using JUnit
Follow these steps to run the CVS tests:
- To load the Team/CVS test plug-ins, check out the following plug-ins from :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/eclipse repository:
- The CVS tests require a repository to test with so you will need to set up a test repository.
- The org.eclipse.team.tests.cvs.core contains a couple of sample launch configurations:
- CVS UI Tests: runs the tests related to the CVS/UI plug-in configured for windows
- CVS UI Tests (Linux): same as above but configured for Linux
- CVS Core Tests: runs the tests related to the CVS/Core plug-in
- The Windows configuration is set up to use C:\eclipse as the test area. To configure the tests to use your test repository, perform the following steps:
- copy the repository.properties file from the org.eclipse.team.tests.cvs.core plug-in to the C:\eclipse.
- Open the file and modify the repository property to contain the location string that identifies your test repository. This string should be of the format :method:user:password@host:/repo/path (the other fields are used to tailor the tests in other ways but the defaults should work fine).
- From the Run menu, choose Run.. and then select CVS UI Tests to run the tests.