COSMOS SDK Installation
This page provides instructions on how to install and run the COSMOS SDK for the i13 stable build.
Objective of the SDK
The COSMOS SDK provides the Eclipse-based tooling to construct a Management Data Repository (MDR).
Download COSMOS Build and Prerequisites
This section provides instructions for installing and running the SDK provided by COSMOS.
- Install Tomcat 5.5.26. The directory where the Tomcat server is installed will be referred to as the <tomcat_install_dir> in this document.
- From the COSMOS download page, click on the link of the stable build of your choice. Download the zip file under the "COSMOS SDK" section.
- Download the prerequisites for the SDK as specified in the Requirements section of the download page (i.e. Dojo, Tomcat, Axis2, Webtools (WTP), Eclipse, EMF, XSD, and GEF)
- Unzip Eclipse SDK to a directory along with WTP, EMF, XSD, GEFand the COSMOS SDK.
- Unzip Tomcat to a separate directory.
- Unzip Dojo to a separate directory.
- Download IBM Java SDK 5.0 or the Sun Java JDK 1.5* to use with the COSMOS toolkit. IBM Java 5.0 can be found at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/ . Note: if you are using the Sun JRE, you will need to do the following to configure Eclipse to avoid crashing the workspace with the internal web browser:
- Select "General > Web Browser" from the preferences dialog box
- Select the "Use external Web browser" radio button
- Check the "Firefox" entry as the external web browser
Configuring the COSMOS SDK
Before creating a MDR, you must set some configuration options in the preferences page.
- Start up Eclipse.
- Open the preference page by selecting Windows>Preferences. In the preferences dialog, select "Web Services > Axis2 Preferences".
- Enter the Axis 2 directory in the "Axis2 runtime location" text box.
- Next, select "Server > Runtime Environments" in the preference dialog box. Here you will specify the Tomcat runtime.
- Click the "Add..." button. Select "Apache>Apache Tomcat v5.5" and click "Next".
- Enter the location of the Tomcat directory in the "Tomcat installation directory:" text box.
Once you have configured the SDK, you can create a MDR by following the Constructing a Data Manager section in the COSMOS Developer Guide.