COSMOS SDK Installation
This page provides instructions on how to install and run the COSMOS demo for i12.
Objective of the SDK
The COSMOS SDK provides the eclipse-based tooling to construct a Management Data Repository (MDR).
Download COSMOS Demo and Prerequisites
This section provides instructions for installing and running the demo program that is provided in the COSMOS i12 build.
- Install Tomcat 5.5.26. The directory where the Tomcat server is installed will be referred to as the <tomcat_install_dir> in this document.
- From the COSMOS download page, click on the link of the latest candidate build for i13. Download the zip file under the "COSMOS SDK" section.
- Download the prerequisites for the SDK as specified on the download page (i.e.. Dojo, tomcat, axis2, wtp, eclipse, emf, xsd, and gef)
- Unzip Eclipse SDK to a directory along with wtp, emf, xsd, gef and the COSMOS SDK.
- Unzip Tomcat to a separate directory.
- Unzip Dojo to a separate directory.
- Download IBM Java SDK 5.0 as there is a known bug with Sun Java JDK 5.0 with the COSMOS toolkit. IBM Java 5.0 can be found at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/
Configuring the COSMOS SDK
Before creating a MDR the you must set some configuration options in the preference page.
- Start up eclipse. Make sure to run with IBM Java 1.5.
- Open the preference page by selecting Windows>Preferences. In the preference dialog select "Web Services>Axis2 Preferences".
- Enter the axis 2 directory in the "Axis2 runtime location" text box.
- Next select "Server>Runtime Environments" in the preference dialog box. Here you will specify the tomcat runtime.
- Click the "Add..." button. Select "Apache>Apache Tomcat v5.5" and click "Next".
- Enter the location of the tomcat directory in the "Tomcat installation directory:" text box.
Once you have configured the SDK you can create a MDR by following the Constructing a Data Manager section in the development guide.