Jump to: navigation, search

COSMOS SDD Minutes 22MAY08

Revision as of 16:02, 5 June 2008 by Merri.Jensen.sas.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Logistics

  • Date: 22MAY08
  • Time: 4PM EST
  • Attendees: Chris Mildebrandt, Mark McCraw, Merri Jensen, Josh Hester, Jason Losh, Eric Rose, Jeff Hamm, Robert DeMason, Julia McCarthy

Agenda

  1. Discuss ME/SDD alignment
  2. Close on i11 work items for SDD
  3. Update from Eric/Yan/Chris/Josh/Robert on tools work
    • Tooling code has been committed!
  4. Status of zip extractor - Mark
  5. Status of change analyzer code - Eric/Charlie
  6. Plans for runtime design review
  7. Update on SDD for COSMOS
  8. Use case review - Jason/Charlie
  9. Follow-up on action items
    • Charlie/Chris/Eric, commit code when legal issues are worked out with Eclipse.
    • Jason to commit SAS zip extractor code.
    • Jason to start moving use cases and "details" into COSMOS Use Cases and begin entering i11 enhancement requests.
    • Continue work on SDD for COSMOS.
    • Jason to start documenting the Runtime similar to doc Chris has created for SDD Tooling (need URL).


Minutes

  1. Merge SDD & Management Enablement teams and calls, and change meeting from Thursday at 4 PM EST to sometime before Wed community call so current status can be reported.
    • Decide on Tuesday at 11 AM EST, starting on 27MAY08.
  2. Close on i11 work items for SDD
    • ERs on page, there are 3 for SDD in i11.
    • Eric to add additional tooling ER's to this page.
    • Ruth to schedule i11 Design review meeting where all i11 ERs will be reviewed.
      • Jason to ask about BTG.
    • 04JUN08 is implementation deadline according to dates for i11.
  3. Tooling update
    • BTG goal date is 29AUG08.
    • Validator, SPI, BTG were all approved by Eclipse and all changes since code scan have been pushed.
    • Change Analyzer assigned to a different lawyer, not been approved yet, and not been checked in yet.
    • Jason to start pushing rules soon. Josh and Robert have entered Incident Report.
    • ipzilla request held up for DROOLS because it has a weird license agreement and isn't covered under the JBoss license apparently.
  4. SDD Design Review going to be part of a larger design review meeting.
  5. SDD for COSMOS entered with ER.
  6. Need to establish that our first pass w/ COSMOS SDD may not be what COSMOS team already has or more user friendly.
    • Question about generic front end or COSMOS specific front end.
    • Config unit can be used for post processing java app.
  7. Charlie's Use Case Review (just the highlights)
    • Root vs Non-Root
    • State: "started", etc. in starter profile
    • Jni code for locked files, etc...
    • Paths too long, invalid chars, user non-root install into home dir, then sign on to different OS and home dir follows them (roaming profile-like), but they may not have everything they need [best solution so far install into only one directory, and put in OS checks into apps]
    • Action item to review use cases for completeness & for 1.0 scope.
  8. Midweek meeting to walk through SDD, Jason to send invite. 28MAY08, 1-2 PM EST
  9. Links to Runtime Docs to be added to agenda page. Team to review for content.
    • Julia wants to have follow up conversation about resource checker.


Action Items

  1. Charlie/Chris/Eric, commit code when legal issues are worked out with Eclipse.
  2. Jason to commit SAS zip extractor code.
  3. Continue work on SDD for COSMOS.
  4. Jason to start documenting the Runtime similar to doc Chris has created for SDD Tooling (need URL).
  5. Schedule meetings to discuss Runtime design document that is being worked on and circulated.