COSMOS RE AND BUILD WISH LIST
Revision as of 16:15, 16 January 2008 by Ruthdaly.ca.ibm.com
Release Engineering and Build Wish List
What we need
- COSMOS needs to be packaged according to adoption scenarios:
Read first thoughts on how to package COSMOS drivers
- The build needs to detect stop-ship problems and send out notifications:
- Breaking API
- Legal issues:
- Missing copyrights
- Out-of-date copyrights
- Missing about.html files
- Dependencies not broken when new code added
What we have today
What will it take to get what we need
- Before the build can act on this item, the following must
- Defining the use cases separated by roles (so that we know
who needs what).
- Need roles for the Data Collection component.
- Need roles for the Data Visualization component.
- Read first attempt to define these roles for the Resource Modeling component.
- The code must be refactored so that the build can package the code the way that we think that a consumer intends to use it.
- Fix other bugzillas for refactoring:
- Defining the use cases separated by roles (so that we know who needs what).
- Fix existing bugzillas owned by the build team
- Involve the build team in helping with feature definition to enable an UpdateManager install.