COSMOS 1.1M1 Announce
At a glance
COSMOS 1.1M1 provides the following new features and improvements:
- SDD support
Tools and runtimes that provide support for the Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) standard on OASIS. SDD support was previously in research status, but is expected to be fully available in COSMOS 1.1. Included in M1:
- A build time generator (BTG) that generates SDDs from many sources. The BTG will generate conformance level two SDDs.
- A runtime driver is available, but still in development. With this driver, one can run the example COSMOS SDD through the runtime to install the COSMOS payload.
- SML support
- Tools that support systems management data conforming to the Service Modeling Language (SML) and SML-Interchange Format (SML-IF) standards, version 1.1, including SML and SML-IF document validation, SML-IF editing, import of SML-IF documents and export to SML-IF documents. SML support was previously in research status, but is expected to be fully available in COSMOS 1.1. This driver includes numerous defect fixes.
- CMDBf 1.0 support and infrastructure
- Integrated contextual help with MDR toolkit
- Reconciliation taxonomy (soon to be renamed Federation and Resource Catalog)
For a list of features that were included with the COSMOS 1.0 release, please see the following: http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/project_info/cosmos_V1.0_announcement.php
COSMOS 1.1 is currently targeted for a June 2009 release.
Download COSMOS 1.1M1 here: http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/downloads/
As always, we welcome your participation and feedback via eclipse.technology.cosmos, and also hope you will take the time to report bugs and feature requests via Bugzilla.
The COSMOS Team