COSMOS 1.1M1 Announce
At a glance
COSMOS 1.1M1 provides the following new features and improvements:
- SDD support
Tools and runtimes that provide support for the Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) standard on OASIS (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=sdd). SDD support was previously in research status, but is expected to be fully available in COSMOS 1.1. Included in M1:
- A build time generator (BTG) that generates SDDs from many sources. The BTG will generate conformance level two SDDs.
- A runtime driver is available, but still in development. With this driver, one can run the example COSMOS SDD through the runtime to install the COSMOS payload.
- SML support
- Tools that support systems management data conforming to the Service Modeling Language (SML) and SML-Interchange Format (SML-IF) standards, version 1.1 (http://www.w3.org/TR/sml/), including SML and SML-IF document validation, SML-IF editing, import of SML-IF documents and export to SML-IF documents. SML support was previously in research status, but is expected to be fully available in COSMOS 1.1. This driver includes numerous defect fixes.
- CMDBf 1.0 support and infrastructure
- Integrated contextual help with MDR toolkit
- Reconciliation taxonomy (soon to be renamed Federation and Resource Catalog)
For a list of features that were included with the COSMOS 1.0 release, please see the following: http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/project_info/cosmos_V1.0_announcement.php
COSMOS 1.1 is currently targeted for a June 2009 release.
Download COSMOS 1.1M1 here: http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/downloads/
As always, we welcome your participation and feedback via eclipse.technology.cosmos, and also hope you will take the time to report bugs and feature requests via Bugzilla.
The COSMOS Team