Skip to main content
- Status updates and agenda changes
- Review action items
- CMDBf and MIB2RDML standards - status and plan
- Adoptability requirements for i8
- Web site
- Don Ebright
- Martin Simmonds
- John Todd
- Jack Devine
- Hubert Leung
- Jimmy Mohsin
- Bill Muldoon
- Leonard Richardson
- Mark Weitzel
- Joel Hawkins
- We discussed the current status of two standardization efforts that are relevant to COSMOS - MIB2RDML and CMDBf. MIB2RDML will be discussed at the IETF meeting this week. Bob Natale will be available to discuss project status on one of our calls in January. There is broad interest in this topic within the COSMOS community because it would permit interoperation between SNMP and WSDM. This would play a role in the management enablement component as well as data collection.
- We reaffirmed our commitment to CMDBf in light of the recent press release from DMTF announcing that they have accepted CMDBf 1.0 for standardization. This underscores our need to update to the 1.0 version of the spec. Mark expressed the expectation that CMDBf will be the focus of declared API for COSMOS 1.0 although there will be provisional API in other areas. We also touched on the need to prevent leakage of metadata regarding e.g. SML and SDD into layers that need to be neutral to these specifics. Note that although Eclipse API guidelines are specific to Java API, similar practices are required for any other interfaces that are exposed to adopters such as WSDL, for example.
- We discussed bug 209227 regarding exception handling. Please update Mark's Design Page with your thoughts.
Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.