Revision as of 01:47, 22 August 2007 by Martin.simmonds.ca.com
- Status updates and agenda changes
- Review action items
- Discuss moving to an earlier time slot
- (Time permitting) Jimmy Mohsin's comments at the bottom of the Talk page (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Talk:COSMOS_Design_197870)
- Get feedback on http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOSBrokerSpecification - the broker registry design.
- Discuss process of code contribution from CA (deferred to next week)
- Bug backlog (deferred to next week)
- Don Ebright
- Joel Hawkins
- Jimmy Mohsin
- Martin Simmonds
- Hubert Leung
- Mao Sheng
- Bill Muldoon
- Jack Devine
- Paul Stratton
- We discussed the "client API" in relation to bug 197870 and came to the conclusion that our primary contract with adopters is actually the WSDM web services APIs. Programmatic APIs that isolate the adopter from the web services layer may be required in a variety of language bindings over time, but for now we believe that a one-to-one correspondence of Java convenience APIs with web services is adequate.
- We discussed the design page for the broker at length. We decided that recovery and restart is outside our scope for the near term. We also decided that workflow is an application consideration as opposed to part of the client API. We discussed the broker lookup API and agreed that a simple mechanism will be sufficient for some use cases in the near term and that we need to reserve the flexibility to integrate the broker with CMDBf in the future.
- The group agreed to complete the design document prior to tomorrow's architecture call.
- Bill agreed to complete the broker design page prior to the 8/22 architecture call.