Revision as of 16:18, 17 July 2007 by Don.ebright.compuware.com
- Status updates and agenda changes
- Review action items
- Discuss alignment SDMX metadata and use of terminology e.g. "Data Broker"
- Agree on the role / purpose of the “Management Domain”
- Agree on the role / purpose of the “Data Broker”
- Clarify and confirm that we need BOTH of these components
- Discussions on improvements to existing framework code (bug 196050)
- Don Ebright
- Joel Hawkins
- Jimmy Mohsin
- Martin Simmonds
- Jack Devine
- Hubert Leung
- John Todd
- The group agreed that we need to preserve the existing notion of "Management Domain" as a means of discovering an aggregation of "Data Brokers" and future "Service Brokers". The domain would be conceptually separate from the brokers but it could be deployed with them. We also explored the relationship of the management domain to UDDI and agreed to remain independent of UDDI in the near term. Additional future requirements that were discussed included robust error recovery and a failover capability.
- We deferred discussion of SDMX metadata until next week when Bill Muldoon can be present. This discussion will focus on the alignment between COSMOS SDMX support, SML, and CMDB.
- Hubert introduced a presentation which he produced to describe the conceptual framework of the existing data collection code base and a mapping to CA MR2 concepts. We didn't have time to discuss the document in depth so we agreed to review it again at the next weekly meeting.
- Everyone to review Hubert's document prior to next week's meeting.
- Martin to create a Management Domain slide for Jimmy.
- Hubert to schedule a meeting this Thursday to discuss non-SDMX data collection design issues.