Jump to: navigation, search

COSMOSDataCollectionMeeting20070410

Revision as of 17:07, 10 April 2007 by Don.ebright.compuware.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Agenda

  • Status updates and agenda changes
  • Review action items
  • Toronto F2F plan
  • Data Collection Framework status

Attendees

  • Don Ebright
  • Hubert Leung
  • Wilson MacDonald
  • Craig Thomas
  • Sheldon Lee-Loy
  • Joel Hawkins
  • Chris Craddoc

Discussion

News

Welcome to Wilson MacDonald of CA who joined us today.

Face to Face meeting

The group agreed on a time and place for the upcoming face to face meeting. It is scheduled for Tuesday May 8 through Thursday May 10 in Toronto.
Craig will be traveling during this period but he should be able to participate to some extent. We need to schedule the discussions that are relevant to data collection at a time when Craig can call in.

Framework Status

Don is working on creating a first draft of a getting started guide for component developers. Thus far, it is just a minimal document that describes the process to obtain the required Muse dependencies and build the data collection framework. Don is also evaluating Net-SNMP for an experimental SNMP data source component as a way to become more familiar with the developer issues and drive the documentation effort. Chris volunteered Wilson as a SNMP subject matter expert. Craig suggested investigating SNMPTT (SNMP Trap Translator) [[1]] which Groundwork uses in conjunction with Net-SNMP.
Don, Hubert, and Sheldon are now able to build the Data Collection components. Sheldon has encountered a problem with a few of the junit test cases that he is migrating to the TPTP test execution framework. It appears to be due to a missing dependency. He will send Joel a stack trace. This issue is not hindering his ability to migrate the test cases.
The group discussed software distribution and IP issues. It appears that the IP review process for Muse 2.2 is still in progress. We discussed ways to permit an adopter to utilize COSMOS wrappers over open source data collectors that are incompatible with the EPL or have not yet passed the Eclipse Foundation IP review. One possible approach is to provide download scripts or instructions for these components, but a better solution would be something more tightly integrated with the Eclipse update manager.

Action Items

  • Mark and Don to evaluate potential project alignment with the EclipseLink project.
  • Hubert to review Joel's TPTP AC wrapper and discuss the rewrite to support the TPTP Java RAC client interface with Joel when he returns from vacation next week.
  • All to review the agenda for the Toronto face to face meeting May 8-10 and suggest additional items. COSMOSF2F-08-May-07