Jump to: navigation, search

COSMOSDataCollectionMeeting20070403

Revision as of 16:34, 3 April 2007 by Don.ebright.compuware.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Agenda

  • Status updates and agenda changes
  • Review action items
  • Data Collection Framework status

Attendees

  • Don Ebright
  • Joel Hawkins
  • Hubert Leung
  • Mark Weitzel
  • Sheldon Lee-Loy

Discussion

JPA

Joel investigated the Eclipse Dali project and Apache OpenJPA to evaluate their relevance to data collection. They will work within Websphere 6, Glassfish, and Jboss. We still need to determine whether the EclipseLink project can be useful for our purposes.

Framework Status

Joel has test cases and query framework almost ready to check in. He has also refactored the code to remove Corona dependencies.
Don has taken on the task of writing a guide to setting up a development environment with our current data collection framework to serve as a getting started guide for component builders.
Sheldon noted that he belives that the BIRT reporting framework uses the OSGi servlet bridge in a web container. We agreed that we don't want the data collection framework to have an OSGi dependency when deployed within a web container.
We decided to link the new bugs that Mark opened to the umbrella bugs that were opened to document the requirements.

Query Interface

We discussed the layering of the query interface and its external contract. It was clarified that the external consumer will not observe the internal organization of the data store and that items such as the annotations of the JPA framework and SQL schema would not be exposed.

Face to Face meeting

We ran out of time to discuss the agenda of the proposed F2F, but Mark created a wiki page for this purpose. Any discussion of agenda items should be posted there.

Action Items

  • Mark and Don to evaluate potential project alignment with the EclipseLink project.
  • Hubert to review Joel's TPTP AC wrapper and discuss a rewrite to support the TPTP Java RAC client interface.
  • Mark to contact Chris regarding moving the F2F out by one week and facilitate F2F coordination.
  • Don to complete review of Mark's updates to the data collection white paper.