February 21, 2008 - COSMOS Community Call Minutes
Attendees: Tania, Srinivas, Rich, Saurabh, Sheldon, Ruth, David, Jimmy, Jagmit, Mark, Hubert
- Sheldon found 6 blocking i9 issues, 3 of which are related to DV (219720, 219721, 219722). We already have patches for 219720 and 219721 (Graph response viewer is not showing up or destroying properly). 219722 is a packaging issue (there are some jars missing from the COSMOS UI). There is also a class missing from the UI that Sheldon is not familiar with. He's asked Bill to give him a list of the packages that should be included. The missing class is federatingCMDBClient. Whoever knows where that class is, should update the bug.
- The registration enhancement is not fully completed - need to check with Bill. Only the all inclusive-registration and deregistration has been completed. We have not seen anything on the partial registration of the configuration item. Partial one needed changes from the response viewer. 217303 - Not going to make i9. We should rephrase 217303 and open a new ER for i10 for the partial registration.
- 219728 - CB data manager is throwing an exception
- 219730 - related to statistical data manager (schema isn't set correctly).
- 219441 - related to getting service metadata from the example MDR...not returning service data XML
- 216809 - did not make the i9 build - needs to be moved to i10 as a high priority
- Hubert also found some problems: a missing directory in one of the MDRs, problem in the demo
- The federating CMDB test harness was done pretty late, so we are not sure how good that is. We need the federating CMDB UI - Ali & Bill would be the right ones to test this
- Also found minor bugs with build
- Works properly, but it doesn't cover the new function
- None of the build enhancements made i9
New Candidate Build:
- Developers should use a specific e-mail tag to indicate a request for bug approval
- We will set a target to respin the build at 5pm. We will meet at 10am tomorrow to make sure everything is locked down
- David has 3 low-risk defects for the Data Management Toolkit
- We do want to claim support for Linux this iteration, so QA should test and report bugs on this platform. Development will try to get access Linux systems in case Linux-specific problems are found.
- Tania will start a page to document postmortem topics
- QA will provide a daily status report, and will call meetings as necessary to resolve hot issues.
- QA is going to create an ER for test activities and they will post the status there
- Team is still awaiting the creation of the cosmos.qa component in bugzilla. Mark will address this.
- Hubert has started updating some of the instructions on the demo E2E page. He needs help from Sheldon or Bill on the UI instructions.