The Eclipse Foundation is implementing Contributor License Agreements (CLA) to improve its intellectual property (IP) management and workflow. In part, CLAs are a portion of the work required to implement signed-off-by for all contributions coming to Eclipse via Git or Gerrit.
The desire is to completely automate the workflows associated with CLAs in order to significantly reduce the effort required by contributors and committers to provide and accept contributions to Eclipse projects.
- CLA Implementation Requirements
- CLA Bugs
- Overhaul our contribution recordkeeping to implement CLAs and signed-off-by bug 401236
- Text of the Eclipse Foundation CLA bug 401349
- Add Support for CLAs in Gerrit bug 401239
- Investigate adding decorators in Bugzilla to indicate whether someone has a CLA on file bug 401549
- Implement a git trigger to ensure that all contributions have a CLA on file for the author bug 401240
- Automate the process of creating a CLA bug 401238
- Create custom schema to contain CLA info bug 401458