- The new Sort Lines command that sorts selected lines alphabetically.
- Surround with menu [Bug 289339]
- Templates View support [Bug 264140]
- Grouping of macro definitions in the Outline view. [Bug 233390]
- Allow to decide where to place getters and setters [Bug 285375]
- Refactoring-History for the CDT Refactorings [Bug 282843]
- Support for GDB tracepoints. See the wiki page for details.
- Default debugger now using different debugging framework called DSF. It provides better support for newer gdb version, such as 6.8 and 7.x, for older version you would have to edit preferences to use old framework (CDI) by default. See full list of DFS features here.
- Compiler errors and warnings highlighting in build console. Navigation from errors in build console to location in editor, [Bug 295625]
- Regular Expression Error Parser. Can be used to parse errors from non-standard compilers, [Bug 109139]
- Ability to save build log to a file, [Bug 306222]
- New keyboard bindings "Run Last Make Target" F9/Shift-F9, [Bug 69922]
- Organized project context menu related to build, [Bug 309579] . Reworked "Build Selected Configurations" dialog, [Bug 230185]
- Organized build preferences under "Build" page, [Bug 289169] .
- Better algorithms to recognize MinGW and Cygwin toolchains, [Bug 303900], [Bug 195572]
- When a Hello World project is created, open generated file automatically, [Bug 301732]
- Allow saving files while external Makefile builds are in progress
- Headless Builder has been improved: supports configuration selection; returns error code if built projects have error markers
- ManagedBuild GCC toolchain supports pre included header files (-include switch to gcc) [Bug 115601]
- CDT Project References can be ordered. Referenced paths and symbols automatically track this order.
- References to library projects are automatically linked in 
- A configuration can reference another configuration in the same project 
New code analysis framework is introduced, called Codan. See this wiki for details. It comes with few checkers:
- Return inconsistencies
- Code has no effect
- Possible assignment instead of comparison
- Catching exception by value
- Non-virtual destructor
- Function name style-check
- Cannot run or debug class in a project with GB18030 characters in workspace/project name. Most class libraries do not properly support the creation of a system process (via java.lang.Runtime.exec(...)) when the specified command line contains GB18030 characters. This limitation means the scanner discovery mechanism and debugger cannot launch applications when the command line it generates contains GB18030 characters. Details in [Bug 308803]