This page documents the activities of CDT's Multi-Core Working Group. This group aims to bring together different people from the community to jointly work on developing multi-core debugging for CDT. The group was first proposed at the CDT Summit 2010 and the suggestion was well received.
Although this effort does cover the debugging of target with multiple cores, we use the term Multi-core debugging in a much wider sense. Multi-core debugging is meant to describe the simultaneous debugging of multiple cores, processes, threads, or other objects which are represented in standard debugger views.
Any one interested in helping in this effort is welcome to follow or join the group. Teleconferences are held on a regular basis to discuss progress, issues, features, tasks, etc.
Every second Tuesday of the month at 11 a.m. Ottawa time
The next one will be on Tuesday August 13th, 2013
The call info is the same as for the CDT monthly calls:
- Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
- North America (toll free) 1-877-369-7806
- Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
- France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
- UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
Attendees use this: Extension: 700 Passcode: 19455
- New CDT proposed schedule
- Ongoing work
Previous minutes of meetings
Features of current interest
The following is a list of features have had some effort invested in them but are not ready for release. The effort might have stopped due to lack of resources, but could be easily revived.
- Multi Level Hierarchy in the Debug View
- Grouping of debug view elements
- Hiding of debug view elements
- User-selectable Debug View layouts
- Visualizer View
- A first version of the Multicore Visualizer as well as the Visualizer Framework are part of the Juno release
- Many enhancements are still of interest.
- Synchronized/Grouped Run Control Operations
- User defines a group (cores or processes or threads) which makes up the application, and can perform application-level operations on it
- Global breakpoints
- Enhanced Breakpoint Support
- Expression Working Sets
Features already completed
Potential future features
List of features that have been proposed and may be addressed in the future.