The Eclipse Common Build Infrastructure (CBI) is an initiative combining technologies and practices for building Eclipse Software.
- Make it really easy to contribute Eclipse projects
- Make it really easy to copy & modify source
- Make it really easy to build
- Make it really easy to test
- Make it really easy to post a change for review
- Make it really easy to sign software
- Get all Eclipse projects building their software on Eclipse Foundation hardware.
- Enable the Long Term Support Program.
There is a strong link between CBI and the Long Term Support Program which enables a marketplace of companies providing maintenance and support for Eclipse technologies for durations far beyond typical community support. Please NOTE: CBI features will be available to community.
It is our hope that this project develops an offering that is compelling so that many projects will move to use it.
- Bi-weekly conference call, Tuesdays 10:00 to 11:00 Eastern timezone. Conference bridge details. Contact andrew dot ross at eclipse dot org if you would like to be added to the Calendar reminder. The dates for each month are as follows:
- July 2012: 10th & 24th
- August 2012: 7th & 21st
- Code Sprint #2 - in July, 2012
- mailing list cbi-dev
Tutorials and other resources
Eclipse platform CBI build
Preferred Build Technologies
Maven 3.0 drives the builds. Projects are expected to provide standard Maven 3.0 POM files for their builds. The builds should be built in such a way that they can be run on the local workstation, or on the Eclipse build server. Note that builds can only be signed on the Eclipse build server.
- Parent Maven POM for Eclipse projects;
- Signing Builds using Maven; and
- Maven repository support at Eclipse.
Tycho is focused on a Maven-centric, manifest-first approach to building Eclipse plug-ins, features, update sites, RCP applications and OSGi bundles.
- Tycho project information, including demo projects; and
- Building Woolsey with Maven and Tycho
- Reference Card
- Packaging Types
Related Topics and Links
- See your Frequently Asked Question list