Buckminster Wiki contributions
< To: Buckminster Project
Below are some brief guidelines with regard to adding categories to new Buckminster Wiki pages. Some basic rules:
- Always add the Category:Buckminster. Pages without categories are bound to "disappear".
- Add as many categories to a page as you think are appropriate.
- Use a structured approach when defining new categories. Specifically, category names should work like a path. For example:
- But still try to keep it simple and avoid unnecessary fragmentation. Try to use existing categories if possible.
List of existing and proposed categories
- Category:Buckminster - any new Buckminster Wiki page is in this category
- Category:Buckminster Introduction - any doc that can help getting people started (assuming they have no previous knowledge of Buckminster)
- Category:Buckminster Architecture - architectural background such as connections to other projects; this may be of interest to potential contributors
- Category:Buckminster Proposal - design/product proposals
- Category:Buckminster Extensions - any page relating to extending Buckminster and ranging from technical specifications of extension points to tutorials on extending Buckminster
- Category:Buckminster Artifacts - the Buckminster artifacts CSPEC, RMAP, etc
- Category:Buckminster Artifacts RMAP - anything relating to RMAP
- Category:Buckminster Artifacts CQUERY - anything relating to CQUERY
- Category:Buckminster Artifacts CSPEC - anything relating to CSPEC
- Category:Buckminster Artifacts BOM - anything relating to BOM
- Category:Buckminster Artifacts MSPEC - anything relating to MSPEC
- Category:Buckminster UI - all pages dedicated to the Buckminster UI (editors, etc)
- Category:Buckminster Usecases - all pages describing why, how and in what context someone might use Buckminster
- Category:Buckminster Tutorials - step-by-step user guides
- Category:Buckminster Technology - specific technology aspects
- Category:Buckminster Headless - information relating to Buckminster in headless mode
- Category:Buckminster Management - all pages supporting the project management process (i.e. contributor guidelines, getting source code, etc)
- Category:Buckminster Release - pages with release specific information
And there is one special category which you should use if you want to archive a page. Instead of removing it you should remove all categories on the page and add:
Furthermore, you may consider to include categories from other projects that will allow users interested in say Birt to find BIRT and Buckminster.
Typically, a document will be associated with multiple categories. A page describing the usage of the Buckminster CSPEC editor would for example fit the following categories: Category:Buckminster, Category:Buckminster UI, Category:Buckminster Artifacts CSPEC and possibly Category:Buckminster Tutorials