Buckminster/Helios Ramp-Down Policy
Buckminster Ramp-down Policy for Helios
- RC1 - Build Mon, May 17 - Release Tue, May 18
- RC2 - Build Mon, May 24 - Release Tue, May 25
- RC3 - Build Mon, May 31 - Release Tue, June 1
- RC4 - Build Mon, June 7 - Release Tue, June 8
- Final - Build Mon, June 14 - Release Tue June 15
No new features will be added after M6 (Tue, March 16). API freeze on M7 (Tue, May 4)
Starting Mon, May 31 (after RC3 build), all commits must be accompanied with a notification to the buckminster-dev list providing a link to the bug that was fixed.
The idea is to ensure we're only fixing bugs during the RC cycle. And as we get closer, it's important that we all understand what's changing and can object if too much is changing too late to ensure we stabilize by the end of the release.
Project lead will also continue to send countdown e-mails as we go to track open bugs.