Birt WebSphere 220.127.116.11 Deployment
Revision as of 23:53, 1 December 2006 by Stanleyg.us.ibm.com
Here is what I done to deploy BIRT runtime in WAS:
- Downloaded birt-runtime-2_0_1.zip from the BIRT site and unpack the zip file somewhere.
- Downloaded itext-1.3.jar and prototype.js from the links provided on the BIRT installation page http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/build/
- Imported birt.war from birt-runtime-2_0_1 in RSA into new birt & birtEAR projects.
- Copied itext-1.3.jar to <workspace>/birt/WebContent/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.pdf.
- Copied prototype.js to <workspace>/birt/WebContent/ajax/lib. Create the lib folder if necessary.
- Created an empty folder <workspace>/birt/WebContent/logs.
- Overwrote <RAD>/runtimes/base_v6/lib/js.jar with <workspace>/birt/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/js.jar.
- Added the project birtEAR to the default WAS 6 test server is RSA.
- Use console to change class loader to Parent Last for the web module
- Ran index.jsp from birt project on the default server and made sure the application runs fine.