Before asking a question on the forums
Revision as of 08:22, 18 December 2015 by Denis.roy.eclipse-foundation.org (Undo revision 395392 by Pk77136.gmail.com (talk))
- Search for the answer. Google is your friend. Do your part. There are even some tricks for limiting the scope of your search.
- Choose the right forum. If you're not sure, try posting on the Newcomer Forum. If you do post in the wrong place, somebody will set you straight.
- Don't introduce yourself. It's a kind gesture, but unnecessary at Eclipse.org.
Ready to ask a question?
- Pay attention to your spelling. if ur msg is 2 hard 2 read, no1 will ansr.
- Provide details. Eclipse version, sample code, exception stack traces, steps to reproduce.
- Be polite. You may be frustrated, but folks are here to help. Profanity is not tolerated here.
- Be patient -- everyone is busy. Your problem is important to you and everyone knows that.
- Go to the forums: http://eclipse.org/forums/