Babel / Server Tool Project Plan
Initial Release of Phase I
Next week (Second week of January 2008) will be the initial release of the babel server code (see https://babel.eclipse.org/staging/).
Coding Tasks Before Launch:
* Refactor DB to allow only one copy of English string and internal key regardless of version (fix import tool/ajax callback queries)
Importing Task Before Launch:
Populate with all Languages Eclipse has existing language packs for * Populate Projects with strings
Right after Launch Features:
Write a Developer guide, including how to set up a dev environment
document release process
- Make SVN work with the maps processor https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=217196
- Import all translations -- do we want to import 3.2 strings?
- Add voting for a translation
- Add initial users page with some useful stats (like # of string translated)
- stream line translation so it is easier