Babel / Large Contribution Import Process
This document describes the process the Babel committer uses to import large contributions into the Babel server.
Submitting such a contribution is documented here: http://www.eclipse.org/babel/development/large_contributions.php
- Make sure the contribution follows the spec, and that is has been approved by Eclipse Legal by submitting it to IPZilla
- Unzip the file to babel.eclipse.org:/tmp/tmp-babel/import
- Inspect some files in each language to ensure they are properly encoded. Run/hack convertiso.sh as needed.
Import on Staging
- su - genie
- copy the CVS version of import_translation_zip.php to the STAGING web root: cp /home/data/httpd/babel.eclipse.org/staging/classes/export/import_translation_zip.php /home/data/httpd/babel.eclipse.org/staging/html/import_translation_zip.php
- Edit /home/data/httpd/babel.eclipse.org/staging/html/import_translation_zip.php to ensure the target project_id and version are set (see note, below)
- 'run' the above file using wget: wget http://babel.eclipse.org/staging/import_XXXX_zip.php <-- file name fudged to avoid crawlers
- Check the translations using the http://babel.eclipse.org/staging/recent.php
Import on Live
- su - genie
- copy the STAGING version of import_translation_zip.php to the LIVE web root: cp /home/data/httpd/babel.eclipse.org/staging/html/import_translation_zip.php /home/data/httpd/babel.eclipse.org/babel/html/import_translation_zip.php
- 'run' the above file using wget: wget http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/import_XXXX_zip.php <-- file name fudged to avoid crawlers
- Check the translations using the http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/recent.php
Note: If a contributions crosses many projects, such as those from the JapanWG, simply delete the following line in the SQL statements (there are currently two occurrences of this line) :
AND F.project_id = '" . $PROJECT_ID . "' AND F.version = '" . $VERSION . "'