Babel / Development Status Meetings / 2009-06-15
< Babel | Development Status Meetings
- Babel Developer Downloads site
- Structure of Babel Developer Downloads site is looking good
- N-builds, I-builds, and RC1 build are listed properly
- Babel update sites are in "test-updates" folder, e.g. http://build.eclipse.org/technology/babel/test-updates/RC1/galileo/
- "test-updates" doesn't sound very official, should we rename that at least for the GA version?
- Build status
- Bug fixed - bug 279485 Language pack links are broken
- I thought the Babel Galileo Update Site we produced already had the XSL transformation done
- Now I remember a conversation from Denis that we had the transformation disabled because it was taking too long
- Denis, please confirm
- I ran the p2 publisher manually to produce the p2 repository. After that, I ran the XSL transformation. I tested the p2 repository produced. I installed the Babel language packs onto "eclipse-SDK-3.5RC4-win32.zip" and "eclipse-jee-galileo-RC3-win32.zip". All the language packs installed cleanly with no error messages in the .log file. Uninstalling the language packs were also successful with no error messages.
- I think I have produced a good p2 repository for the Babel Galileo Update Site for the RC1 build. Everyone, please try this update site: http://build.eclipse.org/technology/babel/test-updates/RC1/galileo/
- RC2 plan
- I20090614-0400 finished
- I will run the p2 publisher (which will take about 15 hours to finish) and the XSL transform against the build manually
- I will perform a smoke test on the update sites and language packs
- If everything is okay, we can rename I20090614-0400 to RC2 on Thursday or Friday
- We will exercise the same process next week and declare Golden Master next Friday, June 26th
- Denis, can we start the I-build on Friday morning or Saturday morning so I can run the p2 publisher and transform processes during the weekend and have a build ready next Monday?
- Work items
- p2 metadata generator is deprecated, we should use p2 publisher
- Possible to port the p2 metadata generator to p2 publisher?
- Need to integrate the p2 publisher step and XSL transformation step into the build process
- Monitor bug 247099 Ability to disable greedy behavior of optional dependencies