Babel / Development Status Meetings / 2009-06-01
- Promoting a Build
- Thanks Denis for working on the script
- Can we use the script to promote to RC1 or Release build?
- p2 metadata generation
- While testing the effect of not including the features in our language packs, I noticed that our features may have some problems.
- I unzipped the Babel language pack for the Eclipse project (BabelLanguagePack-eclipse-en_AA_3.5.0.v20090524043402.zip) into "eclipse-jee-galileo-RC1-win32.zip" and "eclipse-SDK-3.5RC1-win32.zip".
- Somehow, Eclipse does not list our Babel language pack features as installed features. The plug-in fragments were loaded though, as orphan plug-ins with no parents.
- That could be the reason why the p2 metadata generated by Gabe did not include any features (that's just a guess).
- Please help investigate to see if there is anything wrong with our Babel language pack features.
- Release deliverables
- Our Babel Runtime tools do not have enough exposure and testing
- I'm thinking to change the plan for this release and just provide the language packs we produced