Difference between revisions of "Babel / Development Status Meetings / 2009-03-09"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
=== Attendees ===
=== Attendees ===
| Kit || Y
| Kit || Y
Latest revision as of 11:40, 13 March 2009
- Babel Project Plan for 1.0
- Updated the project plan and some project meta-data
- We agree that the Babel project is mature enough to be named 1.0. We will use that as the release number.
- Release Deliverables
- Source code tagged with "R1_0" in CVS repository
- Babel Runtime available as downloadable zip and at Babel Runtime Update Site
- Babel Language Pack Update Site for Galileo
- Babel Language Pack Update Site for Ganymede
- Babel Language Pack Update Site for Europa
- Babel Language Pack downloadable zips
- Release milestones will be aligned with the Galileo Simultaneous Release train.
- M1 04/01/2009 1.0M1
- M2 05/01/2009 1.0M2
- RC1 05/15/2009 1.0RC1
- RC2 05/29/2009 1.0RC2
- RC3 06/05/2009 1.0RC3
- RC4 06/12/2009 1.0RC4
- 1.0 06/28/2009 1.0
- Target Environments - Babel translations is platform independent. Babel Runtime will be tested on the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Vista, x86-32, Win32
- Microsoft Windows XP, x86-32, Win32
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0, x86-32, GTK
- Babel Runtime is available for translation in the languages supported by Babel. However, participation may vary.
- bug 266250 Map file processor not running properly on live server
- The original problem reported may be related to the content of the map files
- Equinox has extra "CVS,tag,cvsRoot" labels
- TPTP does not have the ":pserver:anonymous" info
- Kit will add the info to Bugzilla and continue to investigate with Antoine and Denis
- Any progress?
- bug 260013 BIRT 2.3.1 Translation for 6 languages in group 1
- Thanks to Actuate's translation contribution!
- birt 2.3.0 Chinese Simplified 98.61%
- birt 2.3.0 French 98.28%
- birt 2.3.0 Spanish 98.22%
- birt 2.3.0 German 97.81%
- birt 2.3.0 Korean 97.6%
- birt 2.3.0 Japanese 97.56%
- The few percentages missing are caused by test plugins, marking the files as non-translatable should bring the percentages to 100%
- bug 260086 DTP 1.6.2 Translation for 6 languages in group 1
- Action required by Actuate
- Babel update site and download page problems
- Most problem fixed
- Still have some issues with missing site.xml for Europa?
- bug 262682 Galileo release train not an option
- According to the release train "must dos", we need to do this by M6 which is March 13th
- Denis will help define that in the release train table
- Once we have that defined, we should start to produce the zip for Eclipse Platform English .properties files and make it available from the download page
- Antoine will present a Webinar for Globalizing Eclipse with Babel
- March 11, 2009 at 8:00 am PST / 11:00 am EST / 3:00 pm GMT
- Please come join us