Babel / Building and Releasing Language Packs
- A cron job, running on babel.eclipse.org, executes publishPackFromLive.sh, which executes generate1.php and builds the language pack ZIP files as well as the update site.
- All builds are pushed to the Build server so they can be downloaded and tested.
- Nightly builds only target the latest release train. The resulting build directory is encoded as NYYYYMMDD-HHMM.
- One weekly build builds all trains. The resulting build directory is encoded as IYYYYMMDD-HHMM.
- Weekly I-build is tested
- Tested I-builds are promoted to RC1...RC4 (or whatever the last RC is). RC builds are still on the Build server
- RC4 is released to our public downloads page
Promoting a Build to RC status
Only I-builds can be promoted to as a Release Candidate. Before promoting a build, please make sure:
- The build has passed. Check the babel_language_packs directory for the test results. Consult the logs.
- The build works. Download the language packs and test them on the latest release/milestone build of Eclipse for each train.
To promote the build, use an SSH client and connect to build.eclipse.org.
cd /shared/technology/babel ./promote.sh -i I2009MMDD-HHMM -r RCx (where RCx is RC1, RC2, etc.)
Releasing an RC build
To release an RC build, use an SSH client and connect to build.eclipse.org.
cd /shared/technology/babel ./promote.sh -r RCx (where RCx is RC2, RC3, etc.)