Difference between revisions of "BPS39"
Revision as of 09:26, 30 June 2006
Chart Engine API
This project aims to provide API and Extensibility support for the Charting Engine.
- Creating a chart
- Saving a chart
- Loading a chart
- Generating a chart
- Custom charts
- Custom series
- Custom device renderers
- Custom model renderers
New in 2.0
- Generator API
- An external application context can be passed to the engine for scripting (IExternalContext)
- New prepare method that automatically creates a RuntimeContext
- External style processor can be fed to engine to control how the chart renders with external styles (IStyleProcessor, IStyle)
- New interface IActionRenderer allows the user to customize actions at rendering time. For instance Trigger URLs can be adjusted based on the based URL of the rendering environment.
- Multiple Dataset capability per Series to enable expressions in Triggers
- External expression evaluator can be plugged in the chart engine
- Automatic databinding, either through a sql.ResultSet or through a custom row expression evaluator (IDataRowExpressionEvaluator)
- New classloader interface (IScriptClassLoader) to load Java event handlers
- Device renderer API
- New support for dynamic DPI (Dots per inch) resolution
- JPEG renderer supports new compression quality setting
- New IImageMapEmitter interface to allow any renderer to get access to an ImageMap. Useful for interactive charts.
- New ICallBackNotifier interface to support interactive java callback mechanism for charts in SWT/Swing
- Improved rendering quality in HTML and PDF BIRT reports.
- SWT renderer can use SWT 3.1 enhancements to render the chart