BIRT PMC Minutes - Monday, June 2, 2008
< To: BIRT PMC Minutes
Monday, June 2, 2008 @ 10am Pacific.
- Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
- Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation
- Cheng-Yee Lin - Attending for Mike Fox - IBM Corporation
Unable to Attend
- Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions
- Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
- Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation
BIRT 2.3 Development
BIRT 2.3 RC2 is done and the team announced the availability of the release last week. We have now started development for RC3, which is targeted for June 3 for the BIRT code.
From the Planning Council call today on Ganymede, there are a couple of action items for the BIRT team that Wenfeng will be driving:
- Everyone should test their update functionality. Both upzipping the EPP packages and updating from a new installed package with new features. There is some different behavior that has caused the WTP project some issues, so everyone should check to make sure that their projects are ok. (Scott said that ECF works fine, others might have as well.)
- Check your capabilities. It's especially important to have capabilities in these large releases so that we don't have a zillion and one menu items at once. Again, there are some interesting characteristic of capabilities (which plug-ins get loaded, etc) that you should ensure are working correctly for your project.
BIRT 2.3 is the next major release of BIRT and part of the Eclipse Ganymede Simultaneous Release. BIRT 2.3 is scheduled to be release in June 2008.
The Development Plan for BIRT 2.3 is available on the Eclipse BIRT Project Development Plan pages. The Milestone schedule for the release is available in the timeline section of the Ganymede project page (BIRT is a "+2" project in this schedule).
For a list of bugs assigned to the release, refer to Bugzilla: BIRT 2.3 Assigned Bugs in Bugzilla.
BIRT 2.3 Release Review Meeting
The Ganymede Release Review meeting is sheduled for this Wednesday, June 4. The BIRT Release Review slides have been sent to the EMO and BIRT PMC and will be posted on the BIRT Project Pages soon.
BIRT 2.3 Fall and Winter Maintence Releases
At the Planning Council call, a proposal was made for dates on the Fall and Winter Maintence Releases:
- Wednesday September 24 for September/Fall Maintenance Release (This will be BIRT 2.3.1)
- Wednesday February 25 for February/Winter Maintenance Release (This will be BIRT 2.3.2)
From a BIRT project perspective, these dates are good and Wenfeng will +1 back to the Planning Council.
Webinar Series on BIRT Exchange:
BIRT Exchange is hosting a series of technical 30-minute webinars once every two weeks. Upcoming webinars are:
- What's New with BIRT 2.3? - Jun 27, 2008 - 09:00 am
For archived and other upcoming webinars see the Webinar Page on BIRT Exchange.
Other Upcoming Events:
- IBM Rational Software Development Conference 2008 on June 1-5, 2008 - Walt DisneyWorld Swan and Dolphin Hotel, California - 2 Sessions on BIRT
- Eclipse Live Webinar on June 24, 2008 - Online at Eclipse Live - BIRT 2.3 Overview and New Features
- Actuate International User Conference 2008 on August 4 - 6, 2008 - Red Rock Resort, Las Vegas, NV - Will Feature Many BIRT Sessions
- EclipseWorld 2008 on October 28-30, 2008 - Reston, VA - 2 Sessions on BIRT
|Developing an Eclipse BIRT XML Report Rendering Extension By Jason Weathersby, Iana Chatalbasheva, and Tom Bondur||March 2008||Developer.com|
Full list of major articles can be found on the Wiki page for BIRT Project Articles.
Other articles, tips and techniques, demos and other resoures can be found on the BIRT Exchange community site.