BIRT PMC Minutes - Monday, July 7, 2008
< To: BIRT PMC Minutes
Monday, July 7, 2008 @ 10am Pacific.
- Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation
- Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
- Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation
- Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation
Unable to Attend
- Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions
No meeting next week due to travel schedules. Next meeting will be July 21.
BIRT 2.3 Update
The release was made available to the community two weeks ago and there are no issues to report.
BIRT 2.3 is the new major release of BIRT and part of the Eclipse Ganymede Simultaneous Release.
The Development Plan for BIRT 2.3 is available on the Eclipse BIRT Project Development Plan pages. The Milestone schedule for the release is available in the timeline section of the Ganymede project page (BIRT is a "+2" project in this schedule).
For a list of bugs addressed in the release, refer to Bugzilla: BIRT 2.3 Assigned Bugs in Bugzilla.
BIRT 2.3.1 Development (Fall Maintenance Release)
We did not manage to publish the draft 2.3.1 plan last week but plan to do so this week. Like previous x.y.1 releases, this will be a maintenance release to address any issues indentified with the initial release.
Target date for the release is Wednesday September 24, 2008.
For a list of bugs assigned to this release, refer to Bugzilla: [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?classification=BIRT&product=BIRT&target_milestone=2.3.1
BIRT 2.5 Development
The June 2009 release of BIRT will be BIRT 2.5. Detailed planning has not be finalized since we are focusing on the BIRT 2.3.1 release for the next few months. However, some provisional planning has been completed via Bugzilla. To review, refer to Bugzilla using Target = 2.5 and Keyword "Plan"
Webinar Series on BIRT Exchange:
BIRT Exchange is hosting a series of technical webinars. Upcoming webinar:
- What's New with BIRT 2.3? - Jun 27, 2008 - 09:00 am
For archived and other upcoming webinars see the Webinar Page on BIRT Exchange.
Other Upcoming Events:
- BIRT Live! at the Actuate International User Conference 2008 on Wed, August 6, 2008 - Red Rock Resort, Las Vegas, NV - Many BIRT Sessions
- JAX 2008 on October 5-9, 2008 - San Jose, CA - Introduction to BIRT 2.3
- EclipseWorld 2008 on October 28-30, 2008 - Reston, VA - 2 Sessions on BIRT
|Developing an Eclipse BIRT XML Report Rendering Extension By Jason Weathersby, Iana Chatalbasheva, and Tom Bondur||March 2008||Developer.com|
Full list of major articles can be found on the Wiki page for BIRT Project Articles.
Other articles, tips and techniques, demos and other resoures can be found on the BIRT Exchange community site.