BIRT Design Engine API
BIRT Design Engine API Examples
Several examples of using the DE API are presented below.
Please read the Design Engine API page to understand how the API works.
For more examples refer to the test folder under the org.eclipse.birt.report.model project within the BIRT source code.
Add comments at the end of the example.
- Simple Create - Simple example to illustrate creating a report using the DE API
- Dynamic Table - Example illustrating how to create a table with a variable number of columns using the DE API
- Execute Modified Report - This example uses the previous example in combination with the Report Engine API to modify the currently running report
- Dynamic Report Servlet - This example uses the Dynamic Table example in combination with the Report Engine API to modify the currently running report from within a servlet.
- Sample Design Engine example - This example uses the DE API to construct a report similar to a sample report that was created using the Report Designer