Auto IWG WP5
WP5: Eclipse Qualification Kit (ISO26262)
This is work package 5 of the Automotive Industry Working Group.
- WP Lead: Virtual Vehicle (M. Driussi)
Based on the requirements of ISO26262 for the development of safety-critical applications in vehicles, a qualification / classification of tools, which are used in the development process, will be required. WP5 has set itself the goal to work on this topic for Eclipse Plugins, which are used in this context. Taking into consideration several standards (ISO, EN, DO, IEC) we want to elaborate a guideline for Eclipse Plugin developers / validators, which is conform to ISO26262 and DO-330. Furthermore we want to provide an Eclipse Tool Qualification Kit.
Meetings and Activities
Kick off Meeting 07.03.2012. The meeting protocol can be found here 
Webex session every two weeks on Wednesday 13 to 15 pm. Link to the next Webex session .
- Discuss the Roadmap internally / expand it / change it. The Roadmap can be found here 
- Build the working team to contribute to the roadmap.
- All interested parties are invited to participate. Commitment on next Telco 21.03.2012, 13:00 to 15:00 pm in order to create a list of contact persons and companies.
Roadmap proposed (Oscar Slotosch, Validas)
- WP5.1 Definition of Goals & Requirements
- WP5.2 Elaborate Proposal
- WP5.3 Demonstrate Proposal
- WP5.4 Implement Proposal (extend EPF)
- WP5.5 Qualify any plugin that requires qualification
We have agreed on the definition of goals and requirements We (Validas, VIP) are currently working on the topic. Other will be requested to provide reviews and feedback.
The following results have been achieved to elaborate the proposal
- Checklist for DO-330 compliance (cannot be published due to RTCA restrictions)
- Example requirements document (will be checked for DO-330 compliance), see http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/f/fc/TCAToolRequirements.zip
- EMF-Model do3300.ecore to capture requirements, see http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/8/85/Do330.zip
The first results are in the field of requirements engineering and have been presented during the telco from 21th of march 2012 in an extended roadmap description by Validas. see http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/8/8d/EclipseRoadmapFirst.pdf
The following tasks have currently been defined (might be extended when we see more topics). Some of them have already bee assigned.
- DO-330 compliance check of the requriements example -> Validas
- Model all information in the example document with the do330 model generated from EMF -> Validas
- Build another requirements example to validate the expressiveness of the model / document -> VIP?
- Build the same model into RMF
- Compare the models with RMF models to see pro/con of the EMF model
- Extend the DO330 model to cover the following topics
- Testing -> Validas
- Quality Assurance
- Qualification Planing
- Propose process documents describing the approach
- Check the compliance of the topics with DO-330