Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Minutes September 11 2008"

Line 31: Line 31:
  
 
=== Other Ideas for Discussion ===
 
=== Other Ideas for Discussion ===
 +
* [[Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations]]
 +
 
* '''Mentoring New Projects'''
 
* '''Mentoring New Projects'''
 
** Experiences? What could be improved?
 
** Experiences? What could be improved?

Revision as of 08:45, 25 August 2008

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday September 11, 2008 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: (+1) 613.287.8000 (Ottawa and international) or
866.362.7064 (toll-free North America)
passcode 464440#

Attendees

  • Sign up here if you want to get mentioned, since it's hard to catch all names during the call.
  • Signed-up:
  • Tentative:
  • Regrets:

Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Action Items

  • Last meeting Architecture Council/Minutes August 14 2008#Action Items
  • Boris to start a "top 10 architectural best practices" thread on the mailing list
  • Martin to draft an E-Mail to eclipse.org-committers for review, inviting to put EAC on CC of bugs
  • Martin to send E-Mail to EAC list as a reminder for "Architectural Walkthrough". Will propose this to the public only when we get one more project so sign up (in addition to mylyn) to make the review by putting together material (slideware, ...)
  • MichaelS to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort
  • Martin to propose alternate meeting scheme on the mailing list
  • Everyone to think about time commitments that can be made for "architectural things" at Eclipse
  • Everyone to propose new members on the mailing list
  • Martin to create bugzilla bugs for the ISchedulingRule and LGPL discussions

Other Ideas for Discussion

  • Mentoring New Projects
    • Experiences? What could be improved?
    • Nick & Denis Build Workshop 2: Build Harder -- to be continued under Dash when Nick is back from honeymoon & vacation. Adding a representative of Dash to the EAC?
    • Webpage improvements: more pre-canned content for new projects (like Sourceforge)?
  • Mentoring Galileo: What could be improved?
    • Running each project's unittests with full Galileo installed; especially interesting for Performance tests
    • Don't duplicate work done by the Planning Council
    • Integrated bug reporting: Mylyn is providing a bug/error/enhancement reporting facility that will provide a flexible and product-configurable mapping between features, bundles and bug trackers bug 212209 (Example: http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/8/86/Mylyn-Bug-Reporting-Example.jpg ). Do we want this for Galileo?
  • E4 now has bi-weekly calls -- won't discuss E4 on the EAC unless asked / invited
  • Eclipse Pain Points

Action Items

Next Meeting