Architecture Council/Minutes August 14 2008
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday August 14, 2008 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| (+1) 613.287.8000 (Ottawa and international) or|
866.362.7064 (toll-free North America)
- Sign up here if you want to get mentioned, since it's hard to catch all names during the call.
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit!
- Rotating Chair Position
- Making the EAC more Relevant
- From our charter: "responsible for the development, articulation, and maintenance of the Eclipse Platform Architecture and ensuring the Principles of the Development Process through mentorship." -- EAC be a platform where pain points can be raised
- "Pull" model: Allow adding email@example.com on CC on bugzilla for tough questions
- Invite people to present architectural questions for discussion at EAC meetings
- ISchedulingRule.isConflicting() vs. ISchedulingRule.contains() -- Markus Schorn
- Mentoring New Projects
- Experiences? What could be improved?
- Nick & Denis Build Workshop 2: Build Harder -- Status? Adding them to the EAC? We should have at least one representative of Dash on the EAC.
- Webpage improvements: more pre-canned content for new projects (like Sourceforge)?
- Mentoring Galileo: What could be improved?
- Running each project's unittests with full Galileo installed; especially interesting for Performance tests
- Don't dupliate work done by the Planning Council
- E4 now has bi-weekly calls -- won't discuss E4 on the EAC unless asked / invited
- Eclipse Pain Points
- Performance & Memory Footprint, Bloat; Restrictions on Resource model (Maven); anything not yet addressed by E4?
- Last meeting Architecture Council/Minutes July 10 2008#Action Items
- All: Find an Expert who knows Macro Recording in other Apps (Emacs, OpenOffice? KDE? Others?)
- Martin found Max Gilead, who was working with OpenOffice.org's UNO remote communication facility and during that work written a little library on top of it called DUO which provides more user (developer :) ) - friendly access to some of the features. He agreed to give some thoughts when back from a business trip.