Architecture Council/Meetings/September 12 2013
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday August 8, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|BIRT:||Wenfeng Li||Wenbin He|
|DTP:||Brian Payton||Linda Chan|
|Eclipse:||Mike Wilson|| John Arthorne|
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| Cédric Brun|
|Mylyn:||Steffen Pingel||Mik Kersten|
|RT:||Christian Campo|| Tom Watson|
|SOA:||Adrian Mos||Marc Dutoo|
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| Dave Carver|
- Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, David Williams
- Regrets: John Arthorne (vacation), Benjamin Cabé, Christian Campo, Markus Knauer, Adrian Mos, Doug Schaefer, Gunnar Wagenknecht
- No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Steffen Pingel, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- BREE best practices regarding bundle dependencies
- If bundle X BREE is 1.6 and bundle Y depends on bundle X, can bundle Y BREE be 1.4? In theory yes (and in practice sometimes this flexibility would be desirable I suppose), but it would also seem that this would be confusing and problematic in many cases to bundle Y clients?
- Case by case decision by bundle developer?
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated