Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/October 8 2009"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
m (Attendees)
(New Topics)
Line 99: Line 99:
  
 
* {{bug|283734}} Crowdsourcing Docs / WikiText
 
* {{bug|283734}} Crowdsourcing Docs / WikiText
 +
*API Deprecation Policy
  
 
=== Old items ===
 
=== Old items ===

Revision as of 17:18, 7 October 2009

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday October 8, 2009 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Gary Xue
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
DSDP: Doug Gaff Martin Oberhuber
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
RT: Jeff McAffer Jochen Krause
Tom Watson
STP: Oisin Hurley Antoine Toulme
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: Eugene Chan Oliver Cole
Joanna Kubasta
WTP: Tim deBoer Dave Carver
  • Signed-up:
  • Regrets: John Arthorne, Linda Chan
  • No-Show:


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

  • Architecture Council/Meetings/September 10 2009
  • (old) Mik to create initial "architectural walkthrough" material for Mylyn -- 1 wiki page not too large, send link to the mailing list
  • (old) Tools and Tech PMC's to encourage incubating grandfathered projects find a mentor
  • (old) Cedric, Tom talk to their PMCs about making AC representation official (can be 2 backup reps)
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Dave C work with Wayne on a "handbook" for project criteria for becoming a committer (referencing committer guidelines)
  • bug 283745 Maven
  • Dave C come up with a document how to save build resources
  • Dave C to try bugzilla UNCONFIRMED state
  • Still open items moved to #Action Items

New Topics

  • Welcome Brian Payton (IBM), for DTP
  • Pruning inactive members (dormant status)

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • Wayne: Project plans are important but in a bad state!
    • Mentors please encourage projects to keep their project plans up to date! (Wayne going to blog about)
  • bug 283734 Crowdsourcing Docs / WikiText
  • API Deprecation Policy

Old items

  • bug 283745 - Maven - current status, next steps
  • bug 285074 - Dave Carver - Hudsonbuilder and write access to the cvs / svn repo
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
  • bug 288721 - Sonar / Eclemma - Cedric Brun, Dave Carver
  • The art of project release naming - no bug yet ?!?

Action Items

  • (old) Martin to follow up on Architecture Diagrams idea
  • (old) Michael to flesh out the Patterns idea and remind the EAC -- started Architecture Council/Top Ten Recommendations#Design Patterns, backed by EclipseCon tutorial proposals
    • While these show how well-known GoF patterns are applied in Eclipse, Michael's idea was more to find and describe new patterns which are specific to Eclipse
  • (old) Michael to draft an E-Mail about the "plugin granularity" idea, searching for people to lead the effort

Next Meeting