Architecture Council/Meetings/October 11 2012
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 10:45, 11 October 2012 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday October 11, 2012 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change|
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|Modeling:||Ed Merks|| |
|RT:||Christian Campo|| |
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| |
- Signed-up: Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Ed Merks, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Sean Winter (Tasktop, representing Steffen Pingel), Tom Watson
- Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Andrew Overholt (civic duty), Mary Ruddy, Sebastien Gandon, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Achim Loerke
- No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Igor Fedorenko, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Brian Payton, Pascal Rapicault, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Nominate new members (Wayne)
- Proposed candidates approved on the phone conf. Ask candidates whether they're willing, then initiate E-Mail vote
- Updates from the Board
- e4 performance has been discussed: improve feedback channels from the Community
- Martin: Moving in the right direction - needs time to look at issues individually
- Martin: "Report a bug" to Eclipse, including logs (maybe also improvement ideas)
- Mike working behind the scenes to get more contributors. Need projects to take the input.
- CBI/Platform Build
- Platform can build now on CBI - wohoo !
- Eclipse.org infrastructure
- Working well at the moment
- Processes Simplifications
- Do away with the "3 questions" and use the git "signed-off-by" instead
- Reduce paperwork for committers : Click-through agreements
- New Portal going slower than hoped - rolling out today for LocationTech Working Group (separate Forge with all infrastructure), if that goes well roll out to the projects
- Polarsys working group also on separate forge - main motivation of separate Forge is different licensing needs, as well as branding
- Different URL's but similar processes
- AI Wayne invite Andrew Ross for next call talk about LocationTech
- Move to git needs to happen - 70 days left - remind your mentored projects !
- Not yet migrated: http://eclipse.org/projects/tools/status.php?git=0&cvs=1
- Migration is mostly automatic, though there's a chance improving structures as part of the migration
- Getting the get repo granularity right is the biggest challenge
- SVN being deprecated too (new projects discouraged from git)
- Following renames (works today, there's a Preference setting for egit)
- Website migration is smooth
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
- Martin contact / propose potential new AC members