Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/October 11 2012"

m (Attendees)
 
Line 72: Line 72:
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Ed Merks, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Sean Winter (Tasktop, representing Steffen Pingel), Tom Watson, Linda Chan
 
* '''Signed-up:''' Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Ed Merks, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Sean Winter (Tasktop, representing Steffen Pingel), Tom Watson, Linda Chan
 
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Andrew Overholt (civic duty), Mary Ruddy, Sebastien Gandon, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Achim Loerke
 
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Andrew Overholt (civic duty), Mary Ruddy, Sebastien Gandon, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Achim Loerke
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Igor Fedorenko, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Brian Payton, Pascal Rapicault, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Brian Payton, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
  
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==

Latest revision as of 18:58, 14 November 2012

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday October 11, 2012 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
  • North America (toll free) 1-877-369-7806
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel --> Sean Winter Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge
  • Signed-up: Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Neil Hauge, Markus Knauer, Ed Merks, Martin O, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Sean Winter (Tasktop, representing Steffen Pingel), Tom Watson, Linda Chan
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Andrew Overholt (civic duty), Mary Ruddy, Sebastien Gandon, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Achim Loerke
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Brian Payton, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue

Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Nominate new members (Wayne)
    • Proposed candidates approved on the phone conf. Ask candidates whether they're willing, then initiate E-Mail vote
  • Updates from the Board
    • e4 performance has been discussed: improve feedback channels from the Community
    • Martin: Moving in the right direction - needs time to look at issues individually
    • Martin: "Report a bug" to Eclipse, including logs (maybe also improvement ideas)
    • Mike working behind the scenes to get more contributors. Need projects to take the input.
  • CBI/Platform Build
    • Platform can build now on CBI - wohoo !
  • Eclipse.org infrastructure
    • Working well at the moment
  • Processes Simplifications
    • Do away with the "3 questions" and use the git "signed-off-by" instead
    • Reduce paperwork for committers : Click-through agreements
    • New Portal going slower than hoped - rolling out today for LocationTech Working Group (separate Forge with all infrastructure), if that goes well roll out to the projects
      • Polarsys working group also on separate forge - main motivation of separate Forge is different licensing needs, as well as branding
      • Different URL's but similar processes
      • AI Wayne invite Andrew Ross for next call talk about LocationTech


Git Migration

  • Move to git needs to happen - 70 days left - remind your mentored projects !
  • Migration is mostly automatic, though there's a chance improving structures as part of the migration
  • Getting the get repo granularity right is the biggest challenge
  • SVN being deprecated too (new projects discouraged from git)
    • Following renames (works today, there's a Preference setting for egit)
  • Website migration is smooth



Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
  • Martin contact / propose potential new AC members

Next Meeting