Architecture Council/Meetings/October 10 2013
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 11:33, 10 October 2013 by Martin.oberhuber.windriver.com
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday October 10, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin |
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|DTP:||Brian Payton|| |
|WTP:||Chuck Bridgham|| |
- Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Martin O, Brian Payton, Michael Scharf, Krum Tsvetkov
- Regrets: Eike Stepper
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Review of Last Meeting
- Face-to-face at EclipseCon Europe ?
- Michael Scharf to send out a message on mailing list
- E4/scripting guys might be very interested too
- Wayne: Lot of new projects on LocationTech and Polarsys - looking hard for mentors
- Trying to match new and experienced mentors recently - seems to be working
- Krum likes the idea (volunteered for GeoMesa)
- LocationTech and Polarsys folks come from a slightly different background, may need a little bit more mentoring (on little things)
- Cleaning up
- Wayne: EDP Draft - please review http://eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process_2014/
- Want to deliver to the Board for their December meeting
- Give feedback via bugzilla against AC preferred, but mailing list message would be good too
- Existing EDP Bugzilla Records
- File a [´ New EDP Bug against the AC]
- "Incubator" vs "Incubation" confusion
- Wayne: bug 413169 Call Home Policy - need to have presentation done by Oct 18
- Ian: The person most interested seems to be Marcel Bruch, he's not on the AC...
- An "opt-out policy" is off the table, Board would never approve that
- Wayne is very concerned about looking goofy - can't have 40 dialog boxes
- Usage Data collection: EMO don't have the bandwidth to do anything useful with the data - no case for collecting data for own purposes
- Last Meeting followup : BREE discussion any followup ?
- AI Neil to check
- New AC Members proposed
- EclipseCon 2014 CFP is opened
- Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
- No updates
- Updates from the Board or the EMO
- No updates
- Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
- (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
- (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
- (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated