Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/October 10 2013"

(New page: {| cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="1" |- | Meeting Title: | '''Architecture Council Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Thursday October 10, 2013 at [http://www.timean...)
 
Line 70: Line 70:
  
 
===All Attendees===
 
===All Attendees===
 +
 +
* '''Signed-Up:''' Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Martin O, Brian Payton, Michael Scharf, Krum Tsvetkov,
 +
* '''Regrets:''' Eike Stepper
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 83: Line 86:
 
=== Review of Last Meeting  ===
 
=== Review of Last Meeting  ===
  
*[[Architecture Council/Meetings/September 12 2013]]  
+
* [[Architecture Council/Meetings/September 12 2013]]  
 
* Still open items moved to [[#Action_Items]]
 
* Still open items moved to [[#Action_Items]]
  
 
=== New Topics ===
 
=== New Topics ===
  
 +
* Face-to-face at EclipseCon Europe ?
 +
** Michael Scharf to send out a message on mailing list
 +
** [[E4/scripting]] guys might be very interested too
 +
 +
* Wayne: '''Lot of new projects on LocationTech and Polarsys''' - looking hard for mentors
 +
** Trying to match new and experienced mentors recently - seems to be working
 +
** Krum likes the idea (volunteered for GeoMesa)
 +
** LocationTech and Polarsys folks come from a slightly different background, may need a little bit more mentoring (on little things)
 +
** Cleaning up
 +
 +
* Wayne: '''EDP Draft''' - please review http://eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process_2014/
 +
** Want to deliver to the Board for their December meeting
 +
** Give feedback via bugzilla against AC preferred, but mailing list message would be good too
 +
** "Incubator" vs "Incubation" confusion
 +
 +
* Wayne: {{bug|413169}} '''Call Home Policy''' - need to have presentation done by Oct 18
 +
** Ian: The person most interested seems to be Marcel Bruch, he's not on the AC...
 +
** An "opt-out policy" is off the table, Board would never approve that
 +
** Wayne is very concerned about looking goofy - can't have 40 dialog boxes
 +
** Usage Data collection: EMO don't have the bandwidth to do anything useful with the data - no case for collecting data for own purposes
 +
 +
* [[Architecture Council/Meetings/September 12 2013|Last Meeting followup]] : BREE discussion any followup ?
 +
** '''AI Neil''' to check
 +
 +
* New AC Members proposed
  
 +
* EclipseCon 2014 CFP is opened
  
 
=== General Topics ===
 
=== General Topics ===
  
 
* '''Eclipse Infrastructure''' - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
 
* '''Eclipse Infrastructure''' - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
 +
** No updates
  
 
* '''Updates from the Board or the EMO'''
 
* '''Updates from the Board or the EMO'''
 +
** No updates
  
 
== Action Items  ==
 
== Action Items  ==

Revision as of 11:22, 10 October 2013

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday October 10, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • Signed-Up: Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Ian Bull, Neil Hauge, Martin O, Brian Payton, Michael Scharf, Krum Tsvetkov,
  • Regrets: Eike Stepper


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Face-to-face at EclipseCon Europe ?
    • Michael Scharf to send out a message on mailing list
    • E4/scripting guys might be very interested too
  • Wayne: Lot of new projects on LocationTech and Polarsys - looking hard for mentors
    • Trying to match new and experienced mentors recently - seems to be working
    • Krum likes the idea (volunteered for GeoMesa)
    • LocationTech and Polarsys folks come from a slightly different background, may need a little bit more mentoring (on little things)
    • Cleaning up
  • Wayne: bug 413169 Call Home Policy - need to have presentation done by Oct 18
    • Ian: The person most interested seems to be Marcel Bruch, he's not on the AC...
    • An "opt-out policy" is off the table, Board would never approve that
    • Wayne is very concerned about looking goofy - can't have 40 dialog boxes
    • Usage Data collection: EMO don't have the bandwidth to do anything useful with the data - no case for collecting data for own purposes
  • New AC Members proposed
  • EclipseCon 2014 CFP is opened

General Topics

  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
    • No updates
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO
    • No updates

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting