Architecture Council/Meetings/November 8 2012

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday November 8, 2012 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
  • North America (toll free) 1-877-369-7806
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li <strikeWenbin He</strike>
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge


  • Signed-Up: John Arthorne, Ian Bull, Benjamin Cabe, Kenn Hussey, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Martin O, Steffen Pingel, Doug Schaefer, Eike Stepper, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht, David Williams
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Christian Campo (conflict), Sebastien Gandon, Markus Knauer, Adrian Mos, Mary Ruddy, Brian Payton,
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Neil Hauge, Mik Kersten, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Andrew Overholt, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue

Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Welcome our new members - Eike Stepper, Benjamin Cabe and Ian Bull
    • Ian Bull, EclipseSource, p2 Lead, Blogger, EclipseCon PC
    • Benjamin Cabe, Sierra Wireless, Eclipse since 6 years; PDE, M2M WG (Koneki, Mihini)
    • Eike Stepper, Berlin, Eclipse since 8 years; leading CDO Model Repo, Modeling (especially runtime)
  • John: Process Diet being looked at by Wayne and the EMO
    • Compared to github, what processes do we really need
    • bug 381105 Git signed-off-by, EMO working on implementing it; will allow us to go from the Code to an agreement (great improvement!)
    • Maybe reducing process around new committer elections (as part of moving off the old Portal)
    • Martin - consuming IP, find better ways tracking nested items, licenses etc ... about files help but are often wrong
      • Looking for a tool to check IP-correctness (wayne's Woolsey project was mean to do that, but unsure about current status)
      • Problems include not having an "incremental IP Log" per project which shows diffs compared to last year
  • Eike: How to find the right p2 repos that a build can consume - would be a helpful addition to project metadata
    • Projects to define "build qualities" and associate their p2 repos with that information
    • Related to bug 355418 repo links on download page and bug 331385 recommend p2 structure to projects
    • But making locations publicly visible in project metadata would help even more

General Topics

  • Eclipse Infrastructure
    • Proceeding well in general
    • Benjamin: bug 370587 Eclipse Forums - moderation rights for project committers to change topic name of already-solved issues ?
      • Denis asking whether more people would be interested - please comment on the bug if interested
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO
    • Some things going on but not public yet
  • EclipseCon Europe News & Updates
    • DougS - would be interested in feedback, for EclipseCon NA PC next year
    • Ed - It was a great conference, suggest looking at vote feedbacks
      • Having to vote on the website gets the #votes down, but just the #votes is an inication of interest
    • Anything on JavaFX ? (Tom Schindl's work merging JavaFX and OSGi is bleeding edge)
    • LTS gaining traction
    • Automotive Group met as a working group - one booth in the hallway was dedicated to working groups
    • OSGi Devcon first time at ECE

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
  • Ok green.gif Martin contact / propose potential new AC members

Next Meeting