Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/November 14 2013"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
m (New Topics)
Line 95: Line 95:
 
* Ian - Reminder '''EclipseCon 2014 Deadline on Monday''' - would like to see some more Eclipse Core Technology talks (tools, ALF, Modeling, ...)
 
* Ian - Reminder '''EclipseCon 2014 Deadline on Monday''' - would like to see some more Eclipse Core Technology talks (tools, ALF, Modeling, ...)
  
* Wayne - 3 projects in need of '''Mentors'' (LocationTech) - need to get this Forge up to speed
+
* Wayne - 3 projects in need of '''Mentors''' (LocationTech) - need to get this Forge up to speed
 
** There's a Link on the [[Architecture Council/Members and Mentors]] page now
 
** There's a Link on the [[Architecture Council/Members and Mentors]] page now
 
** Will want LocationTech committers become AC members, but need some bootstrapping first
 
** Will want LocationTech committers become AC members, but need some bootstrapping first
Line 104: Line 104:
  
 
* David W - Retiring inactive members ?
 
* David W - Retiring inactive members ?
** Martin looking through member list approx  
+
** Martin looking through member list approx
  
 
=== General Topics ===
 
=== General Topics ===

Revision as of 12:24, 14 November 2013

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday November 14, 2013 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • Signed-Up: Krum Tsvetkov, Adrian Mos, Jonas Helming, Steffen Pingel, Achim Lörke, Wayne Beaton, Doug Schaefer, Neil Hauge, Brian Payton, David Williams, Michael Scharf, Denis Roy, Martin O, Ian Bull, Eike Stepper


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Welcome Denis
  • Ian - Reminder EclipseCon 2014 Deadline on Monday - would like to see some more Eclipse Core Technology talks (tools, ALF, Modeling, ...)
  • Wayne - 3 projects in need of Mentors (LocationTech) - need to get this Forge up to speed
    • There's a Link on the Architecture Council/Members and Mentors page now
    • Will want LocationTech committers become AC members, but need some bootstrapping first
    • Trying to match up experienced mentors with new ones
  • Wayne - New AC Nomination
    • AI Martin to send last time's nominations to Mike
  • David W - Retiring inactive members ?
    • Martin looking through member list approx

General Topics

  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
    • Hudson Instance per Project (HIPP) working really well
      • These are not VM's , just a Java process running under a different user ID
      • Working on final touches to allow committers start/stop/restart processes via a Web UI
      • Windows or Mac slaves only on Shared Instance
        • Platform and p2 are doing both HIPP and master right now for that reason
        • Repeating CI builds on HIPP plus testing on Master - master become more stable as more jobs have moved to HIPP
      • Gerrit Verify job, and publishing direclty to Downloads are the two big wins
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO
    • Wayne presented on bug 413169 Calling Home Policy to the Board at ECE
      • Scoped down now to "uploading usage data" specifically

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting