Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/November 10 2011"

(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''Architecture Council Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Thursday November 10, 2011 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worl...)
 
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 16: Line 16:
 
{|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=1
 
{|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=1
 
| '''BIRT:'''
 
| '''BIRT:'''
| Wenfeng Li
+
| <strike>Wenfeng Li</strike>
| Wenbin He
+
| <strike>Wenbin He</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''DTP:'''
 
| '''DTP:'''
 
| Brian Payton
 
| Brian Payton
| Linda Chan
+
| <strike>Linda Chan</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Eclipse:'''
 
| '''Eclipse:'''
| Mike Wilson
+
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
| John Arthorne<br/>Boris Bokowski
+
| <strike>John Arthorne</strike><br/><strike>Boris Bokowski</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''
 
| '''Modeling:'''
| Ed Merks
+
| <strike>Ed Merks</strike>
| Cédric Brun<br/>Sven Efftinge
+
| <strike>Cédric Brun</strike><br/><strike>Sven Efftinge</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''
 
| '''Mylyn:'''
 
| Steffen Pingel
 
| Steffen Pingel
| Mik Kersten
+
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''RT:'''
 
| '''RT:'''
| Jeff McAffer
+
| <strike>Jeff McAffer</strike>
| Tom Watson
+
| <strike>Tom Watson</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''SOA:'''
 
| '''SOA:'''
 
| Adrian Mos
 
| Adrian Mos
|  
+
| <strike>Sebastien Gandon</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''
 
| '''Technology:'''
| Gunnar Wagenknecht
+
| <strike>Gunnar Wagenknecht</strike>
| Wayne Beaton
+
| <strike>Wayne Beaton</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Tools:'''
 
| '''Tools:'''
| Doug Schaefer
+
| <strike>Doug Schaefer</strike>
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
|-
Line 57: Line 57:
 
| '''WTP:'''
 
| '''WTP:'''
 
| Chuck Bridgham
 
| Chuck Bridgham
| Dave Carver<br/>Neil Hauge
+
| <strike>Dave Carver</strike><br/><strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
|}
 
|}
  
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)
+
* '''Signed-up:''' Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Martin O, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Pascal Rapicault, David Williams
 
+
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Sebastien Gandon, Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Achim Lörke (doctor's apt.), Andrew Overholt (vacation), Doug Schaefer (ECon PC)
<!--
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
* '''Signed-up:''' John Arthorne, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Sebastien Gandon, Neil Hauge, Kenn Hussey, Achim Loerke, Ed Merks, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Martin O, Andrew Overholt, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Mary Ruddy
+
* '''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Christian Campo (conflict), Wenbin He
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Oisin Hurley, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Mike Milinkovich, Adrian Mos, Pascal Rapicault, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
+
-->
+
  
 
== Agenda / Notes ==
 
== Agenda / Notes ==
Line 75: Line 71:
 
*[[Architecture Council/Meetings/October 13 2011]]
 
*[[Architecture Council/Meetings/October 13 2011]]
 
*Still open items moved to [[#Action_Items]]
 
*Still open items moved to [[#Action_Items]]
 +
 +
=== More Frequent Releases ? ===
 +
 +
Pascal: '''Should the AC recommend more frequent releases? '''
 +
 +
* Martin: It's a matter between each project and their community
 +
* Pascal: But most consumers only see the Train - need '''stable line-ups as reference''' more often
 +
 +
the project
 +
* {{bug|345503}} is open for discussing patch/update policy for EPP Packages (line-ups)
  
 
=== New Topics ===
 
=== New Topics ===

Latest revision as of 12:12, 20 December 2011

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday November 10, 2011 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Jeff McAffer Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
TPTP: (TBA)
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge
  • Signed-up: Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Martin O, Brian Payton, Steffen Pingel, Pascal Rapicault, David Williams
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Sebastien Gandon, Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Achim Lörke (doctor's apt.), Andrew Overholt (vacation), Doug Schaefer (ECon PC)
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Doug Clarke, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue

Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

More Frequent Releases ?

Pascal: Should the AC recommend more frequent releases?

  • Martin: It's a matter between each project and their community
  • Pascal: But most consumers only see the Train - need stable line-ups as reference more often

the project

  • bug 345503 is open for discussing patch/update policy for EPP Packages (line-ups)

New Topics

General Topics

  • Updates from the Board
  • git @ Eclipse progress
  • Maven @ Eclipse progress
  • AC Backlog

Old Topics

  • bug 324125 architecture diagrams - 2006 version - relationship to e4 ?
  • IP Logs - Martin and Wayne - project woolsey exists and open for community, Wayne hopes get soemthing downloadable by Christmas
    • Allow projects to file bugs which list collections of libraries that are used for testing (and mark these collectively as exemt prereqs)
      • Couldn't distribute those libs or put them in scm, but could have them on the build server

We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:

  • DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
  • bug 288393 - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting