Architecture Council/Meetings/Nov 18 2008 F2F ESE 2008
< Architecture Council | Meetings
Revision as of 06:53, 16 November 2008 by Boris Bokowski.ca.ibm.com
- Martin Oberhuber, Wind River -- arrive Mon 17-Nov morning -- depart Thu 20-Nov afternoon -- hotel Blauzeit
- Wayne Beaton
- Boris Bokowski, IBM -- arrive Sunday 16-Nov afternoon -- depart Friday 22-Nov morning -- Schlosshotel Monrepos
- Doug Clarke, Oracle -- Arrive Monday around noon -- depart Friday morning - ?
- Brian Fitzpatrick, Sybase -- arrive Tuesday 18-Nov afternoon -- depart Fri 21-Nov morning -- hotel Nestor
- Bjorn Freeman-Benson, Eclipse -- hotel Nestor
- Richard Gronback, Borland -- arrive Tuesday 18-Nov afternoon -- depart Thu 21-Nov afternoon -- hotel Nestor
- Doug Gaff, Wind River -- Arrive Monday around noon -- depart Saturday morning - Nestor
- Oisin Hurley, IONA -- arrive Tuesday 18-Nov midday -- depart Thu 20-Nov afternoon -- hotel Nestor
- Ed Merks, Macro Modeling-- arrive Sunday 16-Nov afternoon -- depart Saturday 22-Nov morning-- hotel Nestor
- Doug Schaefer, Wind River -- Arrive Sunday 16-Nov noonish -- depart Friday 21-Nov morning -- Nestor
- Georg Schmidt, brox IT-Solutions GmbH -- arrive Tue 18-Nov evening or Wen 19-Oct morning -- depart Friday 21-Nov evening -- hotel TBD
- Tom Schindl, BestSolution.at-- arrive Sunday 16-Nov afternoon -- depart Thu 20-Nov afternoon-- hotel Nestor
- Bernd Kolb, SAP-- arrive Tuesday 18-Nov morning -- depart Thu 20-Nov evening --
- Markus Knauer, Innoopract -- available during the week and without hotel
- Neil Hauge, John Arthorne, David Carver, McQ, Tom Watson, Eugene Chan, Darin Swanson, Oliver E. Cole, Darin Wright, Andrew Overholt, Mary Ruddy, Karsten Schmidt
Date, Time and Location
- Confirmed: Tuesday 18-Nov 19:00 dinner together at hotel nestor.
- It will be an informal meeting in the sense that we won't make any decisions since not enough members will be available.
- We will, however, have an agenda and chat about a few things relevant to the AC.
- Mentorship: Talk about the rationale, process and advantages of mentorship. Result of the session should be an actual Wiki page about mentorship (somebody to bring a Laptop to edit it?).
- AC Web Appearance: Improve the AC Wiki to have important information better highlighted (e.g. how to report an AC bug, how to ask for a mentor) and make the visual appearance more pleasant. Also, improving and clarifying the self-description of what the AC is.
- Threats of unmanageably large number of dependencies - RT, SMILA and consumed non-Eclipse libraries (Georg Schmidt)
- Reducing Bloat - How to improve re-use of functionality across all of Eclipse
- Interfacing with (L)GPL'd libs - what we can or can't do, and how to approach the Board
- Chat with Bjorn about the "new" vs. the "old" AC
- Improving our Architecture Council/Links Collection
Attendees feel free to add more points on the Agenda!
Open discussion here. Feel free to add anything.
- (MartinO) Have some beer and get to know other AC members
- (MartinO) Bugs on the AC Component