Architecture Council/Meetings/May 16 2013

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday May 16, 2013 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, others - see Asterisk/Numbers

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Contents

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Eike Stepper
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
Doug Clarke
Ian Bull
SOA: Adrian Mos Marc Dutoo
Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge

All Attendees

  • Regrets:


Agenda / Notes

  • Feel free to edit, but not during the call!

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Martin: Kepler Simrel status ?
    • How to have download statistics enabled in p2 in your build ?
  • Martin: CLA status ? - Gerrit seemed unable today to accept a CLA or add an E-Mail address, bugzilla also down ?

Development Process

  • AI All Review the EDP and the backlog until next month, add change requests to bugzilla

Messages to the Committers mailing list

  • Maybe send a regular message from the AC once every month to the committers mailing list
  • Martin thinks AC members should be empowered and encouraged to send a message to the eclipse-committers mailing list ... as long as traffic is not too much ... it's a moderated list anyways
    • Wayne - some coordination on timing makes sense

How to contribute docs

General Topics

  • Eclipse Infrastructure - git, Gerrit, Maven, Hudson, Bugzilla, ...
  • Updates from the Board or the EMO

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting