Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Architecture Council/Meetings/May 10 2012"

(New page: {| cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="1" |- | Meeting Title: | '''Architecture Council Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Thursday May 10, 2012 at [http://www.timeanddat...)
 
Line 39: Line 39:
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
 
| '''Eclipse:'''  
 
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
 
| <strike>Mike Wilson</strike>
| <strike>John Arthorne</strike><br><strike>Boris Bokowski</strike>
+
| John Arthorne<br><strike>Boris Bokowski</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
 
| '''Modeling:'''  
Line 46: Line 46:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
 
| '''Mylyn:'''  
| <strike>Steffen Pingel</strike>
+
| Steffen Pingel
 
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
| <strike>Mik Kersten</strike>
 
|-
 
|-
Line 55: Line 55:
 
| '''SOA:'''  
 
| '''SOA:'''  
 
| <strike>Adrian Mos</strike>
 
| <strike>Adrian Mos</strike>
| <strike>Sebastien Gandon</strike>
+
| Sebastien Gandon
 
|-
 
|-
 
| '''Technology:'''  
 
| '''Technology:'''  
Line 67: Line 67:
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| '''WTP:'''  
 
| Chuck Bridgham  
 
| Chuck Bridgham  
| <strike>Dave Carver</strike><br><strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
+
| Dave Carver<br><strike>Neil Hauge</strike>
 
|}
 
|}
  
*'''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict)
+
*'''Regrets:''' Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Markus Knauer, Andrew Overholt, Gunnar Wagenknecht,
  
<!--
+
* '''Signed-up:''' John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Sebastien Gandon, Kenn Hussey, Achim Loerke, Martin O, Steffen Pingel, Doug Schaefer
* '''Signed-up:''' John Arthorne, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Martin O, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Steffen Pingel, Andrew Overholt, David Williams
+
 
* '''Regrets:''' Cédric Brun, Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Sebastien Gandon, Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Achim Lörke, Mary Ruddy, Doug Schaefer,
+
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Linda Chan, Igor Fedorenko, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Brian Payton, Pascal Rapicault, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Tom Watson, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
* '''No-Show:''' Chris Aniszczyk, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Doug Clarke, Igor Fedorenko, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Brian Payton, Pascal Rapicault, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue
+
-->
+
  
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
 
== Agenda / Notes  ==
 
*'''Feel free to edit, but <font color="red">not during the call!</font>'''
 
  
 
=== Review of Last Meeting  ===
 
=== Review of Last Meeting  ===
Line 89: Line 85:
 
=== New Topics  ===
 
=== New Topics  ===
  
 
=== General Topics  ===
 
 
*'''Updates from the Board'''
 
* Platform build
 
 
* Juno
 
* Juno
* git, gerrit, maven, hudson
+
** Need to communicate Review Process - expecting 71 IP logs and release review docs, early submissions appreciated
 
+
** Deadline for IP Logs: May 23
=== Old Topics  ===
+
** Deadline for Release docs: June 6
 
+
** New system not yet in place for Juno
*Henrik Lindberg ESE proceedings are now online [[WhatIsInABuildESE2010]]
+
**'''AI zx''' Create Indigo report
+
 
+
*{{bug|324125}} architecture diagrams - [http://www.eclipse.org/org/councils/roadmap_v2_0/AC_v2_0/index.php 2006 version] - relationship to e4&nbsp;?
+
*'''IP Logs''' - Martin and Wayne - [http://eclipse.org/woolsey/ project woolsey] exists and open for community, Wayne hopes get soemthing downloadable by Christmas
+
**Allow projects to file bugs which list collections of libraries that are used for testing (and mark these collectively as exemt prereqs)
+
***Couldn't distribute those libs or put them in scm, but could have them on the build server
+
  
We need to reduce our bug backlog, by actually coming to a common resolution on some. Here are the most recent ones:
+
* Wayne: {{bug|}} open for review: would like to put the power for running Community Review into the project's hands
  
*DaveC would like to discuss New Committer Guidelines; Scrum / Agile techniques
+
* Gerrit downtime earlier this week
*{{bug|288393}} - Denis - Bugzilla Best Practices
+
  
*'''[[Architecture Council/Open Issues|AC Bugzilla]]''' backlog
+
* Asterisk with 12 participants
*See also [[Architecture Council/Open Issues]] for overflow items that were not discussed
+
** Martin (Jitsi on Win7): Quality OK except for very short hiccups
*News from the EMO and Councils&nbsp;?
+
** Doug: Dialin by phone, Wayne sounds awsome
 +
** Dial into Asterisk via Skype is OK
  
 
== Action Items  ==
 
== Action Items  ==

Revision as of 10:35, 10 May 2012

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday May 10, 2012 at 1500 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-288-9131
  • North America (toll free) 1-877-253-0615
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) 49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) 33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806

Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968

  • SIP clients can call 701@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 51968.

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge
  • Regrets: Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Markus Knauer, Andrew Overholt, Gunnar Wagenknecht,
  • Signed-up: John Arthorne, Wayne Beaton, Chuck Bridgham, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Doug Clarke, Sebastien Gandon, Kenn Hussey, Achim Loerke, Martin O, Steffen Pingel, Doug Schaefer
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Cédric Brun, Linda Chan, Igor Fedorenko, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Mik Kersten, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Brian Payton, Pascal Rapicault, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Tom Watson, David Williams, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue

Agenda / Notes

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Juno
    • Need to communicate Review Process - expecting 71 IP logs and release review docs, early submissions appreciated
    • Deadline for IP Logs: May 23
    • Deadline for Release docs: June 6
    • New system not yet in place for Juno
  • Wayne: bug open for review: would like to put the power for running Community Review into the project's hands
  • Gerrit downtime earlier this week
  • Asterisk with 12 participants
    • Martin (Jitsi on Win7): Quality OK except for very short hiccups
    • Doug: Dialin by phone, Wayne sounds awsome
    • Dial into Asterisk via Skype is OK

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated
  • Martin contact / propose potential new AC members

Next Meeting