Jump to: navigation, search

Architecture Council/Meetings/March 8 2012

Meeting Title: Architecture Council Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Thursday March 8, 2012 at 1600 UTC / 0800 SFO / 1100 Ottawa / 1600 London / 1700 Berlin attention DST change
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: NEW Canada 1-877-727-8553 toll free / 1-416-840-9801 caller paid
NEW U.S. 1-866-394-4146 toll free / 1-480-629-1624 caller paid
NEW passcode 428029063

Attendees

All AC Members are invited.

  • PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
BIRT: Wenfeng Li Wenbin He
DTP: Brian Payton Linda Chan
Eclipse: Mike Wilson John Arthorne
Boris Bokowski
Modeling: Ed Merks Cédric Brun
Sven Efftinge
Mylyn: Steffen Pingel Mik Kersten
RT: Christian Campo Tom Watson
SOA: Adrian Mos Sebastien Gandon
Technology: Gunnar Wagenknecht Wayne Beaton
Tools: Doug Schaefer
WTP: Chuck Bridgham Dave Carver
Neil Hauge


  • Signed-up: John Arthorne, Christian Campo, Dave Carver, Linda Chan, Martin O, Kim Moir, Adrian Mos, Steffen Pingel, Andrew Overholt, David Williams
  • Regrets: Cédric Brun, Oliver Cole (standing conflict), Sebastien Gandon, Wenfeng Li (standing conflict), Achim Lörke, Doug Schaefer,
  • No-Show: Chris Aniszczyk, Wayne Beaton, Boris Bokowski, Nick Boldt, Chuck Bridgham, Doug Clarke, Igor Fedorenko, Neil Hauge, Oisin Hurley, Kenn Hussey, Mik Kersten, Markus Knauer, Bernd Kolb, Jeff McAffer, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Brian Payton, Pascal Rapicault, Mary Ruddy, Michael Scharf, Tom Schindl, Darin Swanson, Gunnar Wagenknecht, Tom Watson, Mike Wilson, Oliver Wolf, Gary Xue


Agenda / Notes

Review of Last Meeting

New Topics

  • Kim: New AC Member Nominations
    • AI Martin contact candidates that have been proposed so far
  • John: Security Policy eg bug 337004
    • Wayne has written out a Policy - can we, as a Council say "Yes that's what we want"
    • Some good discussion in the different bugs ...
      • (a) Single point of entry to report bugs;
      • (b) Disclosure: How and when to disclose - proposal: Webpage generated from Bugzilla query / query of undisclosed bugs (available to committers only)
        • This year, John sent E-Mail to security@eclipse.org and it bounced
    • Dave Carver: Maybe send to cross-project to invite feedback from wider audience
      • Martin: OK when there remains a person driving the case
      • AI Martin send E-Mail to Wayne, asking to drive to completion
  • EclipseCon
    • Sunday afternoon + breakfast - Andrew added proposed meetings into the Google Calendar

Action Items

  • Cleaned up old action items, see Architecture Council/Meetings/February 10 2011 for old stuff
  • (old) Martin to add Eclipsecon meeting notes onto the wiki
  • (old) Tim write up an initial wiki page with information for people to standardize on the tracing API
  • (old) Martin revise the AC Wiki to make it easier to find the New Member Process. More links on homepage. More usage of categories.
  • (old) Martin bug 315210 Make the AC mailing list open / moderated

Next Meeting